Microsoft Office Excel 2013 or 2016 (Part 3)
About this Course
This course builds off of the foundational and intermediate knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Part 1 and Part 2 courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. The ability to collaborate with colleagues, automate complex or repetitive tasks, and use conditional logic to construct and apply elaborate formulas and functions will put the full power of Excel right at your fingertips. The more you learn about how to get Excel to do the hard work for you, the more you'll be able to focus on getting the answers you need from the vast amounts of data your organization generates.
This course is intended for students who are experienced Excel 2016 users and have a desire or need to advance their skills in working with some of the more advanced Excel features. Students will likely need to troubleshoot large, complex workbooks, automate repetitive tasks, engage in collaborative partnerships involving workbook data, construct complex Excel functions, and use those functions to perform rigorous analysis of extensive, complex datasets.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform advanced data analysis, collaborate on workbooks with other users, and automate workbook functionality. You will:
- Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Use lookup functions and formula auditing
- Share and protect workbooks.
- Automate workbook functionality.
- Create sparklines and map data.
- Forecast data.
1 - WORKING WITH MULTIPLE WORKSHEETS & WORKBOOKS
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
2 - USING LOOKUP FORMULAS AND FORMULA AUDITING
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Trace Cells
- Topic C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
3 - SHARING AND PROTECTING WORKBOOKS
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
4 - AUTOMATING WORKBOOK FUNCTIONALITY
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
5 - CREATING SPARKLINES AND MAPPING DATA
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Map Data
6 - FORECASTING DATA
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecasting Data Trends