Microsoft Project 2019/2016 Level 1
At Course Completion
In this course, you will be able to construct basic project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Identify project management concepts and navigate Microsoft Project Professional.
- Create a new project plan.
- Add tasks to a project.
- Manage task relationships within a project.
- Manage project resources.
- Finalize a project plan.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts, as well as general desktop computer skills, and who will be responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. This course will give you the fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project necessary to construct basic project plans.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic knowledge and skills using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system—preferably the most current version. While you do not need to be an expert, some experience and competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel®, will be useful. Finally, having a foundational knowledge of project management concepts will help prepare you for working with Microsoft Project.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate in the Microsoft Project Desktop Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan File
- Topic B: Set Project Plan Options
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Adding Project Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Enter Task Duration Estimates
Lesson 4: Managing Tasks
- Topic A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic B: Define Task Relationships
- Topic C: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 5: Managing Project Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 6: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan