Microsoft Project 2016: Part 1
About this Course
Welcome to Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 1. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment. This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2016 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2016 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. The course will give the student a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 necessary to create and save project plans.
This course is also for anyone seeking to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project 2013.
At Course Completion
In this course, you will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2016. You will:
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan.
- Finalize a project plan.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 10.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Topic A: Identify Project Management Concepts
- Topic B: Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Lesson 2: Defining a Project
- Topic A: Create a New Project Plan
- Topic B: Define a Project
- Topic C: Assign a Project Calendar
Lesson 3: Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Topic A: Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Import Tasks From Other Programs
- Topic C: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic D: Define Task Relationships
- Topic E: Schedule Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Project Plan Resources
- Topic A: Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Topic B: Create a Resource Calendar
- Topic C: Enter Costs for Resources
- Topic D: Assign Resources to Tasks
- Topic E: Resolve Resource Conflicts
Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Topic A: Optimize a Project Plan
- Topic B: Set a Baseline
- Topic C: Share a Project Plan