Microsoft Project 2016 Level 1: Introduction
In this course, you will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2016. You will:
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan
- Finalize a project plan.
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- A general introductory-level understanding of project management concepts
- End-user skills with the current Windows operating system.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office products
Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan
- Define a Project
- Assign a Project Calendar
Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Import Tasks From Other Programs
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Managing Project Plan Resources
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan