Tableau Desktop Level 3: Visual Analytics
About this Course
Tableau is a software tool that can speed up data analysis through its rich visualization capabilities, and help uncover insights for better and smarter decision making. This class is for the business, technology, data and analytics professionals who use and analyze data and data-driven approaches to support business operations and strategic initiatives in their organizations.
This class provides easy-to-follow recipes to get the reader up and running with Tableau 10, and covers basic to advanced use cases and scenarios. The class starts with building basic charts in Tableau and moves on to building more complex charts by incorporating different Tableau features and interactivity components. There is an entire chapter dedicated to dashboard techniques and best practices. A number of recipes specifically for geospatial visualization, analytics, and data preparation are also covered.
By the end of this class, you’ll have gained confidence and competence to analyze and communicate data and insights more efficiently and effectively by creating compelling interactive charts, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Become familiar with the Tableau interface
- Build basic to more advanced charts with step-by-step recipes
- Use filters, calculated fields, parameters, and actions to add interactivity to charts and dashboards
- Prepare and transform data for analysis using Tableau’s built-in tools and functions
- Create effective and compelling dashboards and story points
- Leverage Tableau’s mapping capabilities to visualize location and shape data
- Integrate analytics and forecasting to enhance data analysis
- Get to know tips and tricks to work more quickly and effectively in Tableau
- Increase your confidence and competence in creating rich, interactive visualizations in Tableau
- 1: BASIC CHARTS
- 2: ADVANCED CHARTS
- 3: INTERACTIVITY
- 4: DASHBOARDS AND STORY POINTS
- 5: MAPS AND GEOSPATIAL VISUALIZATION
- 6: ANALYTICS
- 7: DATA PREPARATION