Microsoft Excel Part 3: Advanced Functions and Data Forecasting
At Course Completion
- Work with multiple worksheets and workbooks.
- Share and protect workbooks.
- Automate workbook functionality.
- Use Lookup functions, dynamic arrays, and formula auditing.
- Forecast data.
- Create sparklines and map data.
This course is intended for students who are experienced Excel 2021 users and have a desire or need to advance their skills in working with some of the more advanced Excel features. Students will likely need to troubleshoot large, complex workbooks, automate repetitive tasks, engage in collaborative partnerships involving workbook data, construct complex Excel functions, and use those functions to perform rigorous analysis of extensive, complex datasets.
To ensure success, students should have practical, real-world experience creating and analyzing datasets using Excel. Specific tasks students should be able to perform include: creating formulas and using Excel functions; creating, sorting, and filtering datasets and tables; presenting data by using basic charts; creating and working with PivotTables, slicers, and PivotCharts; and customizing the Excel environment.
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 3: Automating Workbook Functionality
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
Lesson 4: Using Lookup Functions, Dynamic Arrays, and Formula Auditing
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Use Dynamic Arrays and Dynamic Array Functions
- Topic C: Trace Cells
- Topic D: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 5: Forecasting Data
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecast Data Trends
Lesson 6: Creating Sparklines and Mapping Data
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Map Data