Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Terraform for Azure Fundamentals
The Terraform course has five sections or objectives:
- Terraform Basics is the cornerstone that introduces students to the concept of IaC and the fundamentals of Terraform. It demystifies the Terraform workflow, guides learners on using the Terraform CLI, and teaches practical skills for Azure infrastructure provisioning.
- Building Infrastructure takes students deeper into Terraform architecture, taking a closer look at the details of the Hashicorp Azure provider. It highlights the steps for provisioning and maintaining diverse Azure resources via Terraform.
- Skills Deep Dive is designed to refine students' HCL (Hashicorp Configuration Language) programming skills, spotlighting Terraform state management and incorporating HCL programming best practices.
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting arms students with crucial knowledge for debugging and troubleshooting Terraform projects and using industry-standard best practices.
- Advanced Concepts introduces Terraform in an organizational context and discusses the integration with CI/CD pipelines, GitOps, and integration with other Azure and Hashicorp tools.
Who Can Benefit
The ideal audience for this course works with cloud infrastructure and has a basic working knowledge of Linux and Windows-based systems including Bash or PowerShell, and a basic understanding of Azure.
- Infrastructure as Code Overview
- Terraform Basics - Getting Started
- Getting Started with Terraform and Azure
- Building Infrastructure
- Azure Provider Fundamentals
- Skills Deep Dive
- Resources Deep Dive
- Data Sources
- Modules Deep Dive
- Terraform State Deep Dive
- Best Practices and Troubleshooting
- Terraform Best Practices
- Advanced Concepts
- Terraform in Organization Context
- Last Mile Configuration using Provisioners
- Terraform in CI/CD Pipelines and GitOps
- Integration with Other Tools