Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310)
About this Course
The Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) course provides extensive hands-on training for experienced system administrators in how to use the distributed storage features of Red Hat Ceph Storage and the networking capabilities of OpenStack Neutron. Students will go through the setup of a Ceph environment and its configuration as a backend for OpenStack, and the configuration and usage of the advanced features for OpenStack Neutron.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) trains people with RHCE and EX210 level competency to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage, and configure it as a backend for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform. Additionally it addresses the usage of the advanced features provided by OpenStack Neutron (e.g., LBaaS).
After attending the course, customers who meet the prerequisites for the Red Hat OpenStack Administration III (CL310) should be prepared to take the RHCE: OpenStack certification exam (EX310).
Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing OpenStack environments who are interested in learning how to configure an scalable and distributed storage as a storage backend for OpenStack and use the advanced features offered by OpenStack Neutron.
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack (EX210) certification or equivalent experience
1. Introducing Red Hat Ceph Storage
Objective: Describe the Red Hat Ceph Storage architecture, components, and attributes.
2. Describing Red Hat Ceph Storage Components and Features
Objective: Describe the components and features of Red Hat Ceph Storage.
3. Deploying and Accessing Red Hat Ceph Storage
Objective: Deploy and access Red Hat Ceph Storage.
4. Creating Snapshots and Clones
Objective: Manage snapshots and clones of a Ceph Block Device.
5. Integrating Ceph with the Glance Image Service
Objective: Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Glance image service to store OpenStack images in Ceph.
6. Integrating Ceph with the Cinder Block Storage Service
Objective: Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Cinder block storage service to provide OpenStack volumes in Ceph.
7. Integrating Ceph with the Nova Compute Service
Objective: Integrate Ceph with the OpenStack Nova compute service to store instance data in Ceph.
8. Introducing Networking Fundamentals
Objective: Deploy OpenStack with a separate Neutron networking node and review networking concepts.
9. Managing Network Interfaces
Objective: Manage network interfaces manually (using the ip command) and persistently.
10. Implementing Virtual Bridging
Objective: Install and manage virtual network bridges.
11. Deploying Virtual Network Devices
Objective: Create virtual network devices.
12.Implementing Network Namespaces
Objective: Manage networks inside a network namespace.
13. Managing the Neutron Services
Objective: Verify and manage the Neutron services
14. Provisioning Tenant Networks
Objective: Provision tenant networks using VXLAN tunnels, GRE tunnels, and VLANs.
15. Implementing LBaaS
Objective: Implement load-balancer-as-a-service (LBaaS).
16. Troubleshooting the Neutron Networking Services
Objective: Diagnose issues with the Neutron networking service.
17. Comprehensive Review
Objective: Review tasks from the Red Hat OpenStack Administration III Track course.