Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Container and DevOps (40501)
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to improve the reliability of and increase the release cadence of your container-based applications through time-tested DevOps practices.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘Course Overview’ and ‘What You'll Learn’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Containers and DevOps
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Containers and DevOps
- Create and run a Docker application
- Deploy the solution to Azure Container Service
- Scale the application and test HA
- Setup load balancing and service discovery