ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
About this Course
In this course, you will be immersed in the overall concepts associated with the service strategy phase of the service lifecycle. You will get an introduction to the key principles of service strategy, and you will learn about the service strategy processes. You will discover the importance of governance and related frameworks, and you will examine implementation considerations and approaches, including organizational design, the role of technology, and service automation. Through lecture, exercises, and scenario-based exam questions, you'll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices.
This course positions you to successfully complete the associated exam.
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Strategy management for IT services
- Service portfolio management
- Financial management for IT services
- Demand management
- Business relationship management
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
- Key service management concepts
- Service strategy principles related to the design of effective service and service management strategies
- Service strategy processes, including strategy management for IT services, service portfolio management, financial management for IT services, demand management, and business relationship management
- Importance of governance and related frameworks for creating and managing effective service strategies
- Relevant organizational and departmental design methods and techniques
- Service strategy technologies and service automation to support the service lifecycle
- Implementation strategies that follow and support a service lifecycle approach
- CIOs, CTOs, managers, supervisory staff, and team leaders
- Service designers, IT architects, planners, consultants, and security managers
- Any other IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices related to service strategy
- Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT
- ITIL Foundation certification (v3 or newer) required
- Two years of relevant work experience
- To prepare for the end-of-class exam, we recommend that you review the ITIL 2011 publication Service Strategy (2011 Edition, ISBN 9780113313044) and complete at least 21 hours of personal study
- Service Strategy Principles
- Service Strategy and the overall ITIL Lifecycle
Defining “Service” and Market Spaces
- What is a ‘Service’?
- What is a market space?
- Customer Outcome Decision Models
- Asset-based and utility-based service strategies
Basic Service Strategy Principles
- Influencing the performance of SS processes in the plan, build, test and implementation activities Service Strategy Processes
Managerial and supervisory aspects of SS processes (Financial Management, Demand Management, Service Portfolio Management)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Information management requirements,
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes.
Organizing Service Strategy
- Role and the responsibilities of each of the activities and their input to all lifecycle phases
Exploring Technology and Implementation
- Considerations: Role of technology