Active Directory Services with Windows Server (10969)
About this Course
Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data from virtually anywhere. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services and Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have fundamental knowledge and experience administering Active Directory.
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course and are looking to build upon that Active Directory knowledge.
At Course Completion
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage GPOs.
- Manage user settings with GPOs.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
- Experience working with AD DS.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Module 1: Overview of Access and Information Protection
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
Lab : Choosing an Appropriate Access and Information Protection Management Solution
- Analyze the Lab Scenario and Identify Business Requirements
- Propose a Solution
- Describe Access and Information Protection solutions in business.
- Describe Access and Information Protection solutions in Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) 2010 R2.
Module 2: Advanced Deployment and Administration of AD DS
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
Lab : Deploying and Administering AD DS
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying Domain Controller by Performing Domain Controller Cloning
- Administering AD DS
- Describe and perform various deployment techniques for AD DS.
- Describe virtual domain controller deployment considerations.
- Explain how new technologies in Windows Server 2012 support virtual domain controllers.
- Describe Domain Controller cloning.
- Implement AD DS using the tools provided in Windows Server 2012.
Module 3: Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Password and Lockout Policies
- Audit Authentication
Lab : Securing Active Directory Domain Services
- Implementing Security Policies for Accounts and Passwords and Administrative Groups
- Deploying and Configuring a RODC
- Understand the importance of securing domain controllers.
- Describe the benefit of read-only domain controllers (RODCs).
- Explain and implement password and account lockout policies.
- Implement audit authentication.
Module 4: Monitoring, Managing, and Recovering AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD°DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
Lab : Monitoring AD DS
- Monitoring AD DS with Performance Monitor
Lab : Recovering Objects in AD DS
- Backing up and Restoring AD DS
- Recovering Objects in AD DS
- Monitor AD DS.
- Manage the AD DS database.
- Recover objects from the AD DS database.
Module 5: Implementing and Administering AD DS Sites and Replication
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Creating Subnets and Sites
- Deploying an Additional Domain Controller
- Configuring AD DS Replication
- Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
- Describe AD DS replication.
- Configure AD DS sites.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
Module 6: Implementing Group Policy
This module describes Group Policy, how it works, and how best to implement it in your organization.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
Lab : Implementing and Troubleshooting a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Creating and Configuring GPOs
- Managing GPO Scope
- Verifying GPO Application
- Managing GPOs
- Troubleshooting GPOs
- Describe Group Policy.
- Implement and administer GPOs.
- Describe Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing.
- Troubleshoot the application of GPOs.
Module 7: Managing User Settings with Group Policy
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
Lab : Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Implementing Settings by Using Group Policy Preferences
- Configuring Folder Redirection
- Implement Administrative Templates.
- Configure Folder Redirection and scripts.
- Configure Group Policy preferences.
Module 8: Implementing Secure Shared File Access
This module explains how to use Dynamic Access Control (DAC) and Work Folders and how to plan and implement these technologies.
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
Lab : Implementing Secure File Access
- Preparing for DAC Deployment
- Implementing DAC
- Validating and Remediating DAC
- Implementing Work Folders
- Describe DAC.
- Implement DAC components.
- Implement DAC for access control.
- Implement access-denied assistance.
- Implement and manage Work Folders.
- Implement Workplace Join.
Module 9: Deploying and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
This module explain how to deploy and manage CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
Lab : Deploying and Configuring a Two-Tier CA Hierarchy
- Deploying an Offline Root CA
- Deploying an Enterprise Subordinate CA
- Deploy CAs.
- Administer CAs.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and monitor CAs.
Module 10: Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation and Recovery
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
Lab : Deploying and Using Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Enrolling and Using Certificates
- Configuring and Implementing Key Recovery
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Manage certificates deployment, revocation and recovery.
- Use certificates in business environments.
- Implement and manage smart cards.
Module 11: Implementing and Administering Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Lab : Implementing AD RMS Infrastructure
- Installing and Configure AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS Templates
- Using ADRMS on Clients
- Configuring AD RMS Monitoring and Reporting
- Describe AD RMS.
- Explain how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- Explain how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Explain how to configure external access to AD RMS.
Module 12: Implementing and Administering AD FS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Installing and Configuring AD FS
- Configuring an Internal Application for AD FS
- Configuring AD FS for a Federated Business Partner
- Configuring a Web Application Proxy
- Describe AD FS.
Explain how to configure the AD FS prerequisites, and deploy AD FSservices.
- Describe how to implement AD FS for a single organization.
- Deploy AD FS in a business-to-business federation scenario.
- Deploy the Web Application Proxy.
Module 13: Implementing Windows Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Windows Azure Active Directory
- Administering Windows Azure Active Directory
Lab : Implementing Azure AD
- Planning to Implement Azure AD
- Administering Azure AD
- Describe Windows Azure AD.
- Administer Azure AD.
Module 14: Implementing and Administering AD LDS
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
Lab : Implementing and Administering AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Describe AD LDS.
- Explain how to deploy AD LDS.
- Explain how to configure AD LDS instances and partitions.
- Explain how to configure AD LDS replication.
Now you can build Microsoft technical experience while balancing the demands of your schedule. MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as you schedule allows – all at once or five minutes at a time. The modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning needs and learning style.
Brought to you by the people who write the software, Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are only available through certified Microsoft Learning Partners like Tandem Solution.
Our On-Demand Solution Includes all of the following:
- 90-day access to training videos
- 90-day access to hands-on labs
- 90-day access to exercises
- Knowledge Checks
The benefits of our On-Demand solution are:
- MICROSOFT OFFICIAL: The content is based on the same official courseware used in instructor-led training and maps to the MOC flow
- LIVE HANDS-ON LABS: Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on learning
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: With MOC On-Demand, you can build deep technical skills on a range of Microsoft technologies when you choose, where you choose
- HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT: The high-quality videos offer in-depth technical content delivered by engaging instructors
- IMMEDIATE FFEDBACK: Knowledge checks at the end of each module and each course tells you whether you’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on
- Lifetime eBook available at an additional cost
- 180 day access available at an additional cost
*SATV Vouchers are accepted
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|4/15/2019 - 4/19/2019||9:00 AM - 4:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|