ITIL v4 - Digital and IT strategy (DITS)
Becoming ITIL 4 DITS certified is a two-step process:
- You must successfully complete the Practical Assignments. The assignments are open book and you can use any/all of the course material. There is a Case Study and Risk Report that you will be required to complate and you will need to choose ONE of the three companies in the Case Study to base your answers upon.
- Once your exercises have been evaluated and your answers approved, you will be eligible to sit your exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be ITIL 4 DITS certified.
After achieving the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation, candidates would only need to complete the ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy module to achieve the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader designation.
To take this course, all candidates must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
In addition, candidates must have a minimum of three years of IT managerial experience.
To sit the exam, all candidates must complete the accredited training to enable a full understanding of the core material.
The course pack contains all of the class material that you will use during the class including the following:
- ITIL 4 DITS Course Book
- ITIL DITS Guide by Axelos (ITIL 4 Edition)
- ITIL 4 DITS Course Syllabus
- ITIL Glossary
- 2 – Practice/mock exams with answer/rationale booklets
The ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy coursebook provides a complete and extensive guide in an easy-to-follow structure, which is ideal for learning, and developing an understanding of the basic concepts, principles, and terminology associated with IT service management.
The ITIL 4 Digital and IT Strategy Guide by Axelos is ideal for digital leaders and aspiring IT leaders who wish to shape IT and business strategy and drive organizational change through a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and/or practical skills for competing with disruption, reshaping strategy, adapting processes, and repurposing entire business models to combat challenges of the digital world.