Microsoft Project 2016: Part 2
About this Course
Welcome to Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 2. This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 1, you learned the basic features of Microsoft® Project 2016 during the planning phase of a project. Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
This course is designed for students with an understanding of project management concepts who are responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. Target students will be looking to acquire the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2016 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project.
At Course Completion
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to manage an existing Microsoft Project 2016 project plan.
- Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project.
- Monitor project progress in the project plan.
- Adjust the project plan to control constraints.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. Additionally, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project pan, and share a project plan using Microsoft Office Project 2016. The following Logical Operations courses can help you in meeting this requirement:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Training: Aligned with PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition
- Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 1
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 10. The following Logical Operations courses can help you meet this requirement:
- Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 Transition from Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Executing a Project
- Topic A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic B: Update Task Progress with SharePoint
- Topic C: Update Work
- Topic D: Update Costs
Lesson 2: Monitoring Project Progress
- Topic A: View Project Progress
- Topic B: Add Custom Fields
- Topic C: Create Custom Views
- Topic D: Create a Network Diagram
- Topic E: Analyze a Project Plan
Lesson 3: Controlling a Project Plan
- Topic A: Edit the Task List
- Topic B: Reschedule Tasks
- Topic C: Update a Baseline
Lesson 4: Reporting on Progress
- Topic A: Format and Share a Chart View
- Topic B: View Existing Reports
- Topic C: Create Custom Reports
- Topic D: Create a Visual Report
Lesson 5: Customizing the Application
- Topic A: Change Project Options
- Topic B: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic C: Share Resources
- Topic D: Link Project Plans