Introduction To Agile and Scrum Workshop
Agile software development methods differ significantly from traditional plan-based approaches, affecting how products and projects are planned and managed. In this course, you'll learn about the agile framework from initiation to completion. You will learn the key agile principles and practices and determine to apply the concepts to your environment.
Retail Price: $895.00
Next Date: Request Date
Course Days: 1
Request a Date
Request Custom Course
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The agile lifecycle and how it differs from traditional lifecycle models
- The unique agile values, principles, and practices
- Planning for agile products or projects
- Estimation and Prioritization
- Iterative closure using review and retrospectives.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Agile Team
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Project Leads/teams, Managers, Project Managers/Jr. PMs, Business Analysts, Business Systems Analysis, Developers and Coders wishing to understand the basic tenets of agile.
Section 1 – Agile Overview (08:30 – 09:30)
- Why Agile?
- The Agile Values and Principles
- Introduction to Scrum
- Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Introduction to Typical Roles and Responsibilities
- Scrum Meetings and deliverables
Section 2 – Product / Project Initiation and Planning (10:00 – 13:00)
- Envision the Product or Project
- Plan Releases
- Plan an Iteration (Sprint)
Section 3 - Requirements (13:00 – 14:30)
- Compile the Product Backlog
- Write User Stories
- Estimate User Stories
Section 4 – Iteration Closure (14:30 – 16:00)
- Review the Iteration
- Obtain Customer Acceptance
- Hold a Retrospective
Section 5 – Agile & Scrum In The Real World (16:00 – 16:30)
- Agile vs Scrum
- Agile Transitions in Large Organizations
- How Scrum teams can interact with non-Scrum teams
- Doing Scrum in a non-Agile environment
- Exercise 1: Team Forming – Rules of Engagement
- Exercise 2: Write a Vision – (Elevator Statement)
- Exercise 3: Define Users, Key Skills, Perspectives
- Exercise 4: Estimate User stories (optional for non-IT team members)
- Exercise 5: Conduct a Retrospective – Getting Ready for Agile
Exercises 1-5 are part of a simulation done throughout the day that allows teams to see how Scrum works in practice.
Sorry! It looks like we haven’t updated our dates for the class you selected yet. There’s a quick way to find out. Contact us at 502.265.3057 or email email@example.com
Request a Date