Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
Retail Price: $995.00
Next Date: 06/14/2023
Course Days: 2
Enroll in Next Date
Request Custom Course
In This Class You'll Learn
- Explain Agile and Lean values and principles, so that your team can better appreciate Scrum.
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Coach your Scrum team, product owners, and organization to improve their way of working, extending the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Cause the removal of impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Facilitate your Scrum Team creating their own Definition of Done
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Know how to Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
Students who take this course must:
- Already hold a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification with Scrum Alliance
- Complete all pre- or post-course work as deemed necessary by the instructor
- Validate at least 12 months of Scrum Master work experience within the past five years
Professionals who benefit from taking this course include:
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
Please note: This course has an Attendance and Virtual Camera Requirement
- Attendance is required throughout the duration of this course. Instructors will verify each student's attendance and participation to ensure course completion.
- Webcam usage is required by all students
Part 1 - Lean, Agile, and Scrum
? Show how Scrum is aligned with the Agile Manifesto
? Know the history of Scrum and Agile
? Understand the value of other agile approaches
? Analyze the personality traits of a Scrum Master
? Know when transparency inspection and adaptation are not working
Part 2 - Facilitation
? Know how to recognize divergent and convergent thinking
? Understand the challenges of integrating multiple perspectives
? Use facilitative listening
? Use alternatives to open discussion
? Know when not to be a facilitator
? Design a facilitated event
? Create a working agreement
Part 3 - Coaching and Training
? Understand the elements of a coaching stance
? Use coaching techniques
? Identify improvements to coaching interventions
? Be able to explain scrum and its benefits to a stakeholder
Part 4 - Service to the Scrum Team
? Describe the qualities of a self-managing team
? Use techniques to enable a team to improve its own effectiveness
? Know different models for group development
? Facilitate the creation of a Definition of Done
? Explain development practices and how they are beneficial
Part 5 - Service to the Product Owner
? Describe Product vision and Product Goals.
? Know how to create a Product Goal with the Scrum Team and stakeholders.
? Create and refine a Product Backlog that supports achieving a Product Goal.
Part 6 - Service to the Organization
? Understand the organizational impediments that can affect your scrum team
? Practice how to resolve organizational impediments
Part 7 - Scaling Scrum
? Recognize at least two approaches to scaling Scrum.
? Techniques for visualizing, and reducing dependencies.
? Benefits of feature teams versus component teams.
Part 8 - Organizational Change
? Understanding complex systems.
? Initiating organizational change.
Part 9 - Scrum Mastery
? How you as a scrum master fulfill the Scrum values
? Recognize types of conflict
? Patterns for responding to conflict
? Effective leadership