Red Hat System Administration II
Retail Price: $4,500.00
Next Date: Request Date
Course Days: 5
Request a Date
Request Custom Course
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to perform the key tasks needed to become a full-time Linux administrator. You will be introduced to more advanced administrative topics, such as storage management using LVM, SELinux management, and automated installation. This course goes deeper into enterprise Linux administration, including file systems and partitioning, logical volumes, SELinux, firewall configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux using Kickstart
- Manage file systems and logical volumes
- Manage scheduled jobs
- Access network file systems
- Manage SELinux
- Control firewalls
- Perform troubleshooting tasks
Who Can Benefit
This course is geared toward Windows system administrators, network administrators, and other system administrators who are interested in supplementing current skills or backstopping other team members, in addition to Linux system administrators who are responsible for these tasks:
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Successful completion of Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is recommended. Experienced Linux administrators seeking to accelerate their path toward becoming a Red Hat Certified System Administrator should start with the RHCSA Rapid Track course (RH199).
Outline for this course
- Automate installation with Kickstart
- Automate the installation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems with Kickstart.
- Use regular expressions with grep
- Write regular expressions that, when partnered with grep, will allow you to quickly isolate or locate content within text files.
- Create and Edit text files with vim
- Introduce the vim text editor, with which you can open, edit, and save text files.
- Schedule future Linux tasks
- Schedule tasks to automatically execute in the future.
- Manage priority of Linux processes
- Influence the relative priorities at which Linux processes run.
- Control access to files with access control lists (ACL)
- Manage file security using POSIX access control lists.
- Manage SELinux security
- Manage the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) behavior of a system to keep it secure in case of a network service compromise.
- Connect to network-defined users and groups
- Configure systems to use central identity management services.
- Add disks, partitions, and file systems to a Linux system
- Manage simple partitions and file systems.
- Manage logical volume management (LVM) storage
- Manage logical volumes from the command line.
- Access networked attached storage with network file system (NFS)
- Access (secure) NFS shares.
- Access networked storage with SMB
- Use autofs and the command line to mount and unmount SMB file systems.
- Control and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process
- Limit network communication with firewall
- Configure a basic firewall.
- Comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in this course.
Sorry! It looks like we haven’t updated our dates for the class you selected yet. There’s a quick way to find out. Contact us at 502.265.3057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a Date