Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: High Availability (DO380VT)
About this Course
You will design an OpenShift HA cluster, then build and test it. You will use this cluster to examine more advanced topics in the administration and operation of a robust OpenShift cluster in the remainder of the course.
Primary audience for this course are:
- Linux® system administrators who want to deploy and manage a large-scale Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform deployment in their datacenters.
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Learn OpenShift cluster features, architecture, and sizing.
- Investigate OpenShift cluster installation methods.
- Configure storage providers and storage classes.
- Manage OpenShift certificates.
- Configure GlusterFS container-native storage.
- Diagnose cluster health.
- Scale OpenShift clusters.
- Manage OpenShift resources.
Before attending this course, students should have the following experience:
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Attend Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Attend Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) or demonstrate equivalent experience with OpenShift
- Recommended, but not required: be a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration (EX280)
Design a highly available cluster
Design an OpenShift cluster that supports high availability and resiliency.
Prepare to install an HA cluster
Configure the advanced installer and prepare the cluster environment for HA installation.
Configure OpenShift to use custom certificates
Configure the OpenShift cluster to use custom certificates.
Build an HA cluster
Use the advanced installation method to build an HA OpenShift cluster.
Provision persistent storage
Describe storage providers, configure a provider, create a storage class, and test the configuration.
Enable log aggregation
Consolidate useful data for analysis by enabling the log aggregation feature.
Maintain an OpenShift cluster
Perform recurring maintenance activities on an OpenShift cluster.
Manage system resources
Manage operating system and cluster resources for optimal performance.
Configure security providers
Configure security providers and advanced security options.
Configure networking options
Configure various advanced networking features and options.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic