Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Students will learn how to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. This approach is then used troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course students can complete various comprehensive review labs to test their skills.
- Use the scientific method to approach troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Troubleshoot storage issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
Who Can Benefit
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course is aimed at senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
- Required to have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Recommended to have earned a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Introduction to troubleshooting
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
Take proactive steps to prevent small issues
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
Identify hardware issues
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
Troubleshoot storage issues
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
Troubleshoot RPM issues
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
Troubleshoot network issues
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
Troubleshoot application issues
- Debug application issues.
Deal with security issues
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
Troubleshoot kernel issues
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.