Microsoft Word 2016 (Level 1)
?This course is designed for users who need to learn the fundamental skills needed to create, format, edit and enhance basic documents.
At Course Completion
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents.
- Format text and paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Insert, format and modify tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
?To be successful in this course, students should have a basic understanding of the Windows operating system, including how to launch an application and create and save files.
The content of this course follows the step-by-step Springhouse guide, Word 2016 Level 1 and is combined with a PowerPoint presentation, lecture and hands-on exercises. Each student works at their own fully equipped workstation.
Lesson 1: Getting Started in Word 2016
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Manage Your Workspace
- Edit Documents
- Preview and Print Documents
- Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
- Sort a List
- Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
- Apply a Page Border and Color
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout\
- Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats