Microsoft PowerPoint Part 1: Foundations
At Course Completion
In this course, you will create and deliver an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
- Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
- Perform text formatting.
- Add and arrange graphical elements.
- Modify graphical elements.
- Prepare to deliver your presentation.
This course is designed for students who wish to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint that is necessary to create and develop engaging multimedia presentations.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic B: View and Navigate a Presentation
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Presentation
- Topic D: Use PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic A: Create Presentations
- Topic B: Edit Text
- Topic C: Work with Slides
- Topic D: Design a Presentation
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
- Topic A: Format Characters
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding and Arranging Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Insert Images
- Topic B: Insert Shapes
- Topic C: Create SmartArt
- Topic D: Insert Stock Media, Icons, and 3D Models
- Topic E: Size, Group, and Arrange Objects
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Format Images
- Topic B: Format Shapes
- Topic C: Customize SmartArt
- Topic D: Format Icons
- Topic E: Format 3D Models
- Topic F: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- Topic A: Review Your Presentation
- Topic B: Apply Transitions
- Topic C: Print or Export a Presentation
- Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation