Microsoft Power BI: Data Analysis Professional
At Course Completion
- Analyze data with self-service BI.
- Connect to data sources.
- Perform data cleaning, profiling, and shaping.
- Visualize data with Power BI.
- Enhance data analysis by adding and customizing visual elements.
- Model data with calculations.
- Create interactive visualizations.
- Use advanced analysis techniques.
- Enhance reports and dashboards.
- Publish and share reports and dashboards.
- Extend Power BI beyond the desktop.
This course is designed for professionals in a variety of job roles who are currently using desktop or web-based data management tools such as Microsoft Excel® or SQL Server® reporting services to perform numerical or general data analysis. They are responsible for connecting to cloud-based data sources, as well as shaping and combining data for the purpose of analysis. They are also looking for alternative ways to analyze business data, visualize insights, and share those insights with peers across the enterprise. This includes capturing and reporting on data to peers, executives, and clients.
To ensure your success in this course you should have experience managing data with a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft® Excel®
Optionally, having experience with other data analytics tools, such as Google Analytics™ or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems such as Salesforce®, as well as an understanding of database design concepts and basic programming constructs such as looping and branching, will help you get even more out of this course.
Lesson 1: Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Topic A: Data Analysis and Visualization for Business Intelligence
- Topic B: Self-Service BI with Microsoft Power BI
Lesson 2: Connecting to Data Sources
- Topic A: Create Data Connections
- Topic B: Configure and Manage Data Relationships
- Topic C: Save Files in Power BI
Lesson 3: Performing Data Cleaning, Profiling, and Shaping
Topic A: Clean, Transform, and Load Data with the Query Editor
- Topic B: Profile Data with the Query Editor
- Topic C: Shape Data with the Query Editor
- Topic D: Combine and Manage Data Rows
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Topic A: Create Visualizations in Power BI
- Topic B: Chart Data in Power BI
Lesson 5: Enhancing Data Analysis
- Topic A: Customize Visuals and Pages
- Topic B: Incorporate Tooltips
Lesson 6: Modeling Data with Calculations
- Topic A: Create Calculations with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Topic B: Create Calculated Measures and Conditional Columns
Lesson 7: Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Topic A: Create and Manage Data Hierarchies
- Topic B: Filter and Slice Reports
- Topic C: Create Dashboards
Lesson 8: Using Advanced Analysis Techniques
- Topic A: Create Calculated Tables, Variables, and Parameters
- Topic B: Enhance Visuals with Statistical Analysis
- Topic C: Perform Advanced Analysis
Lesson 9: Enhancing Reports and Dashboards
- Topic A: Enhance Reports
- Topic B: Enhance Dashboards
Lesson 10: Publishing and Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Topic A: Publish Reports
- Topic B: Create and Manage Workspaces
- Topic C: Share Reports and Dashboards
Lesson 11: Extending Power BI Beyond the Desktop
- Topic A: Use Power BI Mobile
- Topic B: Extend Access with the Power BI API