Microsoft Excel Part 1: Foundations
At Course Completion
- Get started with Microsoft Office Excel.
- Perform calculations.
- Modify a worksheet.
- Format a worksheet.
- Print workbooks.
- Manage workbooks.
This course is intended for students who wish to gain the foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Excel that is necessary to create and work with electronic spreadsheets.
To ensure success, students will need to be familiar with using personal computers and should have experience using a keyboard and mouse. Students should also be comfortable working in the Windows® 10 environment and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on their computers. Specific tasks the students should be able to perform include: opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel
- Topic A: Navigate the Excel User Interface
- Topic B: Use Excel Commands
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Workbook
- Topic D: Enter Cell Data
- Topic E: Use Excel Help
Lesson 2: Performing Calculations
- Topic A: Create Worksheet Formulas
- Topic B: Insert Functions
- Topic C: Reuse Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Modifying a Worksheet
- Topic A: Insert, Delete, and Adjust Cells, Columns, and Rows
- Topic B: Search for and Replace Data
- Topic C: Use Proofing and Research Tools
Lesson 4: Formatting a Worksheet
- Topic A: Apply Text Formats
- Topic B: Apply Number Formats
- Topic C: Align Cell Contents
- Topic D: Apply Styles and Themes
- Topic E: Apply Basic Conditional Formatting
- Topic F: Create and Use Templates
Lesson 5: Printing Workbooks
- Topic A: Preview and Print a Workbook
- Topic B: Set Up the Page Layout
- Topic C: Configure Headers and Footers
Lesson 6: Managing Workbooks
- Topic A: Manage Worksheets
- Topic B: Manage Workbook and Worksheet Views
- Topic C: Manage Workbook Properties