Microsoft Access 2019/2016 Part 2: Data Integrity and Advanced Forms, Queries, and Reports
At Course Completion
Through the completion of this course, you will
- Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Improve the usability of Access tables.
- Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
- Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
- Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Office Access.
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access® 2019: Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
It is also suggested that you have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and use a browser to access websites.
Lesson 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Topic A: Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Topic B: Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
Lesson 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Associate Unrelated Tables
- Topic C: Enforce Referential Integrity
Lesson 3: Improving Table Usability
- Topic A: Create Lookups Within a Table
- Topic B: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Create Subqueries
- Topic C: Summarize Data
Lesson 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Topic A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic B: Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Lesson 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Topic A: Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Topic D: Add a Chart to a Report