ITIL v3 - Service Operation (SO)
- Importance of service management as a practice concept and service operation principals, purpose, and objectives
- How all processes in ITIL service operation interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL service operation processes
- Roles and responsibilities within ITIL service operation and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL service operation
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL service operation
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL service operation
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Event management
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Request fulfillment
- Access management
The organizational functions focused on in this course include:
- Service desk
- Technical management
- IT operations management
- Application management
This course positions you to successfully complete the associated exam, which is offered on the last day of class at 3:00 pm for classroom students. Virtual students will receive a voucher for a webcam proctored exam which they can schedule at their convenience. Beginning on March 5th, 2018, students will receive their course materials through a link in their MyGK account. This is a BYOD course. Students can download their course materials and view them on a tablet/iPad or a PC/Mac.
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation certificate
- ITIL Foundation Certification (v3 or newer) required
- Two years of relevant work experience
- To prepare for the end-of-class exam, we recommend that you review the ITIL 2011 publicationService Operation (2011 Edition, ISBN 9780113313075) and complete at least 21 hours of personal study
About the Examination
- The examination is included as part of this course.
- The exam isclosed book.
- The exam is eight (8) multiple choice questions.
- The exam lasts 90 minutes.
- The pass score is 70%
- Upon successful passingof the exam, the student will be recognized with 3 credits in the ITIL Qualification Scheme