Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180)
About this Course
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
Learn the benefits of containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift with our free, technical overview Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview (DO080).
- Introduce and review the course.
Get started with container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manipulate pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Create custom container images
- Design and code a Docker file to build a custom container image.
Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on Red Hat OpenShift.
Comprehensive review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Docker, and deploy it on a Red Hat OpenShift cluster.