Internet of Things Workshop
About this Course
We all have smartphones, and it’s hard to believe our smartphone knows us better than our family or friends because of all the information we store in it. Have you ever wondered how GPS sensors devices came to our smartphone? How about sensor devices at home or work?
The number of connected devices will exceed 50 billion by 2020. How can we as an individuals and organizations capitalize on this opportunity?
This course is a game changer on Internet of Things (IoT), covering both the technical and leadership aspects. The plan for strategic business opportunity on Internet of Things (IoT) needs to be carefully analyzed whether you are a business analyst, technical architect, software engineer, manager, executive, entrepreneur or simply curious on the latest trend.
During this course, participants will discuss Internet of Things (IoT) framework for the digital transformation and IoT strategic leadership. Join this new evolution in sensor, cloud, and big data by registering for this two-day Internet of Things (IoT) intensive overview.
Primary audience for this course are:
- Business Analysts
- Technical Architects
- Software Engineers
- IT Managers
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Discover Internet of Things (IoT) landscape and technology stack (IoT vs. Industry IoT)
- Solid understanding on Internet of Things (IoT) Product Management.
- Analyze the financial cost consideration on building internal Internet of Things (IoT) vs. a 3rd party vendor.
- Detailed examination on how data flows through Internet of Things (IoT), big data, and analytics
- Realize the value of the data collected through sensor devices and learn where the real business and customer value be for your organization lies.
- Explore the different Internet of Things (IoT) sensors. (Temperature, Proximity, Pressure, Water quality, Chemical/Smoke & Gas, Level, Infrared)
*Delivered by ASPE, ICAgile Member Organization
Module 1: Introduction
- What is Internet of Things (IoT) and technology landscape?
- Samples of IoT and how they are being used in the market
- What are IoT applications in industries (Industry IoT)?
- Difference between IoT vs Industry IoT
- Differentiate IoT vs Industry IoT in terms of Target, Sales cycle, Marketing, Installation and Cost
- The IoT technology stack and how they are being used (Devices, Embedded Software, Communications, Cloud and Applications)
- IoT decision framework?
- The IoT layer consideration for successful implementation
- Consideration for Design , Data, Business, Technology, Security, Standard & Regulations
Module 2: IoT User Experience (UX)
- How to identify target users for IoT
- Identifying IoT persona
- What are different IoT personas
- Examples of IoT - User Experience (UX)?
- Define the target audience, problem statement and value proposition?
Exercise 1: Create a plan within your industry of how you will implement an Internet of Things (IoT) framework end-to-end.
Module 3: IoT & Big Data
- How data flows through the IoT through big data & analytics
- The most important value of IoT
- Importance of big data & analytics for IoT
- Metrics of performance analytics in IoT
Module 4: The Business of IoT
- The business model for IoT
- Steps for creating a business model for IoT
- Integrate business model canvas for IoT using Business Model Generation
- What is the IoT value chain
- How to monetize per layer
- Cost per unit in each layer
Individual Exercise 2: Monetizing an IoT application in retail inventory.
Module 5: Technology of IoT
- The different types of sensor for Internet of Things (IoT)
- Temperature sensors
- Proximity sensors
- Pressure sensors
- Water quality sensors
- Chemical/smoke and gas sensors
- Level Sensors
- Device considerations for implementing Internet of Things (IoT)
- Types of sensors
- Processing power
- Amount of local storage
- Power requirements
- Communication ports
- Usable lifespan
- Environmental requirements (temp, noise, vibration, etc)
- Gateway architecture
Module 6: Trends and Implementation
- The latest Internet of Things (IoT) trends in industry
- Blockchain implementing IoT
- How DDoS Stack (Distributed Denial of Service) implements IoT
- The six principles of IoT security across the stack
- Trends in mobile for IoT? How do they relate
- Categories being added to smart markets for IoT
- Relation between IoT and market talent
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|2/3/2020 - 2/4/2020||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|3/2/2020 - 3/3/2020||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|4/2/2020 - 4/3/2020||11:30 AM - 7:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|5/4/2020 - 5/5/2020||10:30 AM - 6:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|6/1/2020 - 6/2/2020||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|7/8/2020 - 7/9/2020||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|8/3/2020 - 8/4/2020||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|9/1/2020 - 9/2/2020||10:30 AM - 6:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|10/5/2020 - 10/6/2020||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|11/2/2020 - 11/3/2020||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|12/1/2020 - 12/2/2020||11:30 AM - 7:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|