Google Search Engine Optimization Boot Camp (SEOBC)
About this Course
Understanding the purpose of SEO means that you can concentrate of producing a great site, with great content. Not understanding the fundamentals means you worry about how to show up in the search results, and likely spend time chasing the wrong strategies.
Search engine optimization is not a trick or a one time process; it's a way of life for the most successful sites on the web and it has moved far beyond how many times the keywords appear on the page, or how many links you can build. When done properly, search engine optimization seamlessly tracks alongside all the other marketing initiatives within your organization in much the same way "good writing" or "compelling graphics" is a standard.
Ignoring SEO has the same impact as ignoring any other crucial part of your marketing plan. If you want to grow the traffic to your website, you must focus on making your website fundamentally sound for the search engines and balancing that effort with providing a great experience for your visitors.
Primarya audience for this course are:
- Interactive Directors
- Marketing Managers and Specialists
- CMOs, VPs and Directors
- Brand Managers
- Product Managers
- Account Executives
- Creative Directors
- Art Directors
- Web Designers
- Web Developers
- Small Business Owners
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- The History of Search Engines
- What search engine optimization is, what it isn't and where it's headed
- How to perform an SEO Site Audit (This knowledge is worth $1,000's alone!)
- Tools that you can rely on for information, how, and why
- How to put together a timeline for estimated results
- How to pick the right keywords for your business and industry
- How to attract high quality and authoritative backlinks
- The importance of becoming an industry thought-leader
- How to see what your competition is doing online
- What tools and services will make your life easier
This class requires a basic understanding of online marketing and very basic html. If words like "website" and "hyperlink" do not scare you, your knowledge level is adequate.
*Delivered by ASPE, ICAgile Member Organization
1. What is SEO
- History of SEO
- Google vs. everyone else
2. Current Situation
- Where is your site today
- On-Site factors
- Off-Site factors
- Social Factors
- Assessing what's working and what's not
- Where are conversions coming from and why
- What parts of your site are dead
Activity - Looking at the tools that can help you access what your current situation is. Each participant will have their site put into a different tool so the entire group can see how they work.
3. Setting Goals
Activity - Deciding what are good key performance indicators. Starting with poor assumptions can lead to faulty goals.
Activity - Ranking with and without personalization. With personalization now "always on" we'll go over how to spread they way you influence personalized search.
- Choosing KPI's
- Ranking position is a poor KPI
- What is achievable when
- Business goals
- How to estimate traffic for keywords
- Good traffic vs. Bad Traffic
- What happens when you rank higher
- Pros and cons
- How to protect your brand online
- How to keep your brand active on the web
4. Competitive Analysis
- Who are your real life competitors vs. Online competitors
- What to compare
- When to attack and when to stay put
Activity - How to find your online competitors. Anyone can be an online competitor, even Wikipedia.
- Rent vs. Own
- Attracting the right kind of traffic
- Head vs. long tail traffic
- Viral Traffic
Activity - Figuring out what your traffic strategy is.
- How Google views keywords
- Estimating traffic
- Estimating competitiveness
- Choosing keywords
- Short term vs. Long term keywords
- Keyword strategy
Activity - How to pick the right keywords. With keyword data going away, it's crucial that you understand what pages are for what keywords on your site.
7. Content Audit
- Every page a King
- Evergreen content
- Content lifecycle
- Data based decisions
- Why "Visitors" isn't a KPI
- Conversion Funnel
- Tracking events
Activity - Finding the right analytics. A base install of Google Analytics is almost useless. We'll go over how to build a funnel and how to track it.
9. Search & Social
- Social signals
- Engagement as a signal
Activity - Stop choosing your social strategy by platform, choose your social strategy by the outcome you desire and the people you hope to influence.
10. Online Reputation Management
- Perception is reality
- Your employees are your business
- Staying in control of the SERPs
- Crisis plan
Activity - Google yourself, your brand and the executives. You are in control of your online reputation more than you imagine. You must learn to leave behind a trail.
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|6/8/2020 - 6/10/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|7/13/2020 - 7/15/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|8/10/2020 - 8/12/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|9/14/2020 - 9/16/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|10/12/2020 - 10/14/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|11/9/2020 - 11/11/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|12/7/2020 - 12/9/2020||10:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|