Deploying Cloud Connect Solutions with Cisco Cloud Services Router 1000V (CLDCSR)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe items to be aware of before installing a Cisco CSR 1000V, including virtual machine requirements for installing Cisco CSR 1000V, licensing options that are available with Cisco CSR 1000V, supported Cisco IOS® XE technologies, and management options for Cisco CSR 1000V.
- Prepare for installation of Cisco CSR 1000V Series routers.
- Explain common Cisco IOS XE Command-Line Interface (CLI) commands and conventions that can make it easier to work in the CLI, and describe how you can get help with command syntax and command options.
- Describe the options you can use to activate the license for Cisco CSR 1000V and activate the license for each option. Troubleshoot issues with Cisco CSR 1000V licenses.
- Upgrade the Cisco IOS XE software for an existing Cisco CSR 1000V installation.
- Describe the Call Home feature and its benefits, configure the feature on the Cisco CSR 1000V, including the anonymous reporting option, and display the Call Home configuration. List the different Call Home events that trigger alerts and commands that are executed as a result of the alert.
- Troubleshoot Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine (VM) issues.
- Rehost a Cisco CSR 1000V license to a new VM, whether the current Cisco CSR 1000V router is accessible or not.
- Describe the Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) Layer 2 gateway feature and configure this feature on the Cisco CSR 1000V router.
- Deploy the Cisco CSR 1000V in a virtual private cloud using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Describe common network operations that the Cisco CSR 1000V supports.
- Explore programmability support on Cisco CSR 1000V, including APIs, shells, and data models.
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- CCNA® (or equivalent knowledge)
- Cloud Virtualization/VMware competency
- IP Network Security and VPN (IPSec)
The following course can help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)
- Introducing Cisco CSR Product Overview
- Preparing for Installation
- Installing Cisco CSR 1000V in VMware Elastic Sky X (ESXi) Environments
- Booting Cisco CSR 1000V and Accessing the Console
- Using Cisco IOS XE Software
- Managing Cisco CSR 1000V Licenses
- Upgrading the Cisco IOS XE Software
- Mapping Cisco CSR 1000V Network Interfaces to Virtual Machine Network Interfaces
- Using GRUB Mode (Bootstrap Program)
- Configuring Call Home for Cisco CSR 1000V
- Configuring Virtual CPU (vCPU) Distribution Across Data, Control, and Service Planes
- Troubleshooting Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine Issues
- Rehosting a Smart License
- Supporting the Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) Feature
- Deploying Cisco CSR 1000V in a Virtual Private Cloud
- Exploring Cisco CSR 1000V Operations
- Exploring Programmability on Cisco CSR 1000V
- Deploy or Install Cisco CSR 1000V in a VMware ESXi Environment
- Boot Cisco CSR 1000V and Access the Console
- Explore Cisco IOS XE with CLI and Web User Interface
- Install, Activate, and Verify License in Cisco CSR 1000V
- Upgrade Cisco IOS XE Software on Cisco CSR 1000V
- Map Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Interfaces
- Access and Use GRUB Mode
- Configure Call Home on a Cisco CSR 1000V
- Modify Templates for vCPU Distribution in Cisco CSR 1000V
- Troubleshoot Cisco CSR 1000V Virtual Machine Issues
- Rehost a Cisco CSR 1000V License
- Configure VXLAN on Cisco CSR 1000V
- Deploy Cisco CSR 1000V in AWS
- Cisco CSR 1000V Operations
- Enable Guest Shell, Python, and Cisco Embedded Event Manager Cisco EEM) on Cisco CSR 1000V
- Configure Yet Another Next Generation (YANG) in Cisco CSR 1000V