Container Adoption Boot Camp (DO700)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The Container Adoption Boot Camp (DO700) is for those seeking to make a quantum leap in their journey toward digital transformation. Making this shift involves developing software in tight iterations so that business value can be realized sooner. In order to accomplish this goal, this offering can facilitate the adoption of container-native applications, including microservices.
Course content summary
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Configuring a Red Hat OpenShift cluster
- Describing advanced features of Red Hat OpenShift
- Containerizing software applications
- Developing microservices with MicroProfile
- Developing microservices with Red Hat® OpenShift Application Runtimes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This collection of courses is designed for application developers and software architects interested in adopting container technology and container-native applications.
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Have a comfort level with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux command-line interface and bash scripting
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Red Hat Open Shift (DO180)
Create custom container images
Create containers, manage containers, and manage container images.
Deploy containerized applications
Customize containers and deploy on Red Hat OpenShift.
Troubleshoot containerized applications
Troubleshoot Red Hat OpenShift deployments.
Explore Red Hat OpenShift networking concepts
Describe Red Hat OpenShift networking concepts and troubleshoot with CLI.
Manage Red Hat OpenShift resources
Control access to Red Hat OpenShift resources, implement persistent storage, and manage application deployments.
Understand deployment methods, designing containers, and integrated registry and image streams.
Manage application deployments
Manage advanced application deployments and Red Hat OpenShift templates.
Design a highly available cluster
Design and install a highly available cluster, custom certificates, and log aggregation, in addition to gaining an understanding of Gluster container-native storage, managing system resources, and configuring advanced networking.
Implement microservice architecture
Describe microservice architectures, deploy microservices, and implement with MicroProfile.
Run microservices, inject configuration data, and perform health checks.
Implement fault tolerance
Apply fault tolerance, develop an API gateway for a series of microservices, and secure with JWT.
Secure microservices with JWT
Use the JSON Web Token specification to secure a microservice.
Create microservices with Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
Receive an introduction to OpenShift Application Runtimes and Fabric8.
Install Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Install, monitor, and manage OpenShift Container Platform.
Customize source-to-image builds
Tailor source-to-image builds and migrate applications to Red Hat OpenShift.
Develop and deploy runtimes
Employ the WildFly Swarm, Vert.x, and Spring Boot runtimes to develop and deploy microservices.
Track the operation of a microservice using metrics, distributed tracing, and log aggregation.