Cisco Stealthwatch for System Administrators (SSA)
Cisco Stealthwatch for System Administrators is a two-day course that focuses on a step-by-step framework for completing initial configuration tasks and getting Cisco Stealthwatch System up and running in the network. You will experience lab-intensive activities that focus on critical initial configuration steps that allow the Cisco Stealthwatch System to monitor flows and network behavior, and provide you with data you can use to determine next steps, such as what policies (tuning) are necessary to put in place to manage the amount of data presented.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Validate network configuration of Cisco Stealthwatch appliances.
- Set base SMC configuration values.
- Use SMC documents and reports, to determine if exporters are properly setup.
- Use SMC documents and reports, to determine IP addresses that belong to your organization.
- Properly place hosts into appropriate host groups.
- Define services and applications.
- Organize network devices into the BY Function host group.
- Define basic concepts of policy management and apply policy to host groups.
- Add Cisco Stealthwatch users with specific roles.
- Create custom documents.
- Establish response management rules, triggers and actions.
The knowledge and skills that the learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- Flow Basics
- Cisco Stealthwatch Overview and Components
- Cisco Stealthwatch SMC Client Interface Overview
- Cisco Stealthwatch SMC Web App Interface Overview
- Welcome and Course Overview
- Why Stealthwatch?
- The Many User Inter"Faces” of Stealthwatch
- Stealthwatch Application Validation
- Management Console: Basic Setup
- Hosts and Host Groups
- Classify Services and Applications
- Network Devices and the By Function Host Group
- Policy Management: Group Policy
- User and Role Management
- Custom Documents
- Response Management
- Review the Web Application: What’s New?
- Wrap Up