Business Process Modeling (BA05-BP)
Retail Price: $1,195.00
Next Date: 07/17/2023
Course Days: 2
Enroll in Next Date
Request Custom Course
Learn to map your business processes easily and efficiently using examples and industry
practices. You will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards so that both
the business and IT stakeholders will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently throughout your organization.
• Full Student Guide
• Sample templates
Intended Audience: Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business and IT stakeholders working
• Provide a solid foundation for applying business process modelling principles and best
• Demonstrate how to solve practical business problems using Business Process Diagrams
Section 1: Introduction and Definition
• What is Business Process Modelling?
• Impact of Business Process Changes
• Benefits of Business Process Modelling
• Business Process Methods? Challenges with Process Modelling
• Role and responsibilities – Underlying competencies
• Exercise: Describe a current process that you are using
Section 2: Basics - An Overview of Governance
• An overview of governance
• Key governance questions to ask
• What happens if you don’t have effective governance?
• Typical Project cycle
• Importance of Requirements Communication
• Technique: RACI Matrix
• Exercise: Use a RACI matrix to capture roles and responsibilities
Section 3: Phases - Mapping the Business Problem
Business Analysis Process
Why do we model processes?
Phases of Process Management.
What is wrong with our process models?
Go from Vision to Deliverable
Define a strategic outcomes map
Define a Business model and relevant processes
Technique: Business Model Canvas
Exercise: Use the Business Model to capture key processes
Section 4: Process Monitoring and Documentation - Modelling simple structures
Review: Why use Business Process Modelling?
When do you use Business Process Modelling?
What are simple Business Process Modelling structures?
BPMN 2.0 Cheat sheet – Describe the elements of Business Process Modelling
AS-IS vs. TO-BE Modelling
Exercise: Create an AS-IS process diagram
Exercise: Create an TO-BE process diagram
Section 5: Targets and Figures - Modelling complex structures
It is important to follow up a critical approach to Business Process Modelling
What are complex Business Process Modelling structures?
When to use complex Business Process Modelling structures
Principles of the Modelling procedure
Four phases of model construction
Exercise: Update your AS-IS diagram using the new components
Exercise: Update your TO-BE diagram using the new components
Section 6: The BPM Lifecycle - Analyzing process models
Identifying poor process models
Creating process models that everyone can understand
Identify criteria for a well-defined process
Review: What can go wrong
What makes Business Process Modelling work
Exercise: Group Discussion – Give examples of poor process models that you have seen in the past
Section 7: Implementation - Process mapping versus process Modelling
Determine when to create a process map
Determine when to create a process model
Asking the four “Ares”
Review: Business Process Mapping
Exercise: Group Discussion – What are the next steps to a successful implementation
Section 8: Additional resources
More useful links
Business Process Modelling free editors