Accelerating Customers' Digital Transformation with DNA (DNA)
About this Course
The Accelerating Customers’ Digital Transformation with DNA course is designed to teach you how to position and sell Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) such that it delivers positive business outcomes for any customer and consequently forms the basis for business transformation and business growth.
Primary audience for this course are:
- Account Managers
- Account Directors
- Business Development
- Sales Support
- System Engineers
At Course Completion
At the completion of this course, you will have learned to:
- Articulate the value of Cisco DNA in helping a customer reach their strategic business objectives.
- Discuss the importance of selling Lifecycle Services and DNA together to drive new opportunities
- Sell using ‘positive business outcomes’ rather than ‘negative scare tactics’
- Use business outcomes and DNA business themes to progress a customer’s ‘digital ready’ strategy
- Understand Cisco’s unique value in the market and how to use it to defeat objections and the competition
- Ensure a ‘business-first’ and ‘digital ready’ approach when selling and positioning Cisco DNA
- Provide a visual demonstration of the key DNA components
- A basic knowledge of relevant Cisco technologies
Module 1: Why Digitization is Transforming the IT Market
- Digital Enterprise Definition
- The 4 Pillars of Digitization (IoT, Mobility, Big Data and Cloud)
- Digital Disruption
- How Disruptive is this?
- Enterprise Need to Consume IT Differently
- Software-Led Discussion
- What difference will it make to me as a partner?
- Opportunities for Partners
- Today and Tomorrow
- Exercise – Work individually and align and define which elements of the digitization story will resonate with your customers. Learn how to start a Digital Transformation conversation.
Module 2: What is the Digital Network Architecture?
- What is DNA?
- The DNA Design Principles
- Cloud Service Management
- The Solutions Underpinning the Design
- Enterprise NFV
- StealthWatch, NetFlow
- Pervasive Security (ASA, AMP, FirePower, ISE, TrustSec, etc)
- How Different is DNA
- Exercise – Work both individually and as a team to align customers' current service offerings with the 4 pillars of DNA and how they can use those services to help your customers accelerate their digital strategy based on DNA components
Module 3: Who Will We Sell This To?
- Target Markets, Target Customers and Target Stakeholders
- Digital Transformation is Driving IT to the Boardroom
- Identifying Digital Strategies
- With IT
- With LoB
- With Business Leaders
- Using DNA to Deliver Business Outcomes
- With Quantified Business Impact
- DNA Use Cases
- New Branch Office
- Employee Productivity
- Mobile and Cloud Service Adoption
- Customer Experience
- Exercise – Work in teams to build a business case to present to the CIO and a business case that the CIO can then present to the Board.
Module 4: How Will We Sell It?
- What We are Seeing
- How to sell DNA to Customers
- The DNA Customer Journey
- Phases of DNA Adoption
- The Icebreaker program
- Icebreaker Focal Points (LDoS, Energy Management, etc)
- How to generate Business with Icebreaker
- Partner Incentives
- EasyPay, OIP/TIP, SIP, CTMP, DRNA, SHOGUN, Goldrush, etc
- The DNA Customer Journey
- DNA and Cisco ONE
- Partner Success Stories
- Exercise: Working in teams, each team will prepare a Customer for each stage of the DNA journey. Next, map to final business outcomes. Finally, plan a Customer Lifecycle Engagement strategy that accelerates their customer’s journey towards digital transformation, building on the Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Business Outcomes.
Module 5: The Solutions Underpinning DNA
- Key DNA Products and Solutions:
- For Automation
- APIC-EM Automation Platform
- Controller Architecture
- Example Workflows
- Easy QoS
- Network Plug n Play
- iWAN App
- Integration with Prime
- Instructor and Delegate Demo of APIC-EM
- Cisco ONE Software and DNA
- For Virtualization
- NFV Architecture (NFVIS, VNFs and ESA)
- Enterprise NFV Software Control
- Instructor and Student Demo of Enterprise NFV
- For Analytics
- CMX Cloud (Connected Mobile Experience)
- How it Works
- Instructor and Delegate Demo of CMX
- For Security
- Network as a Sensor/Enforcer
- StealthWatch, ISE and TrustSec
- Components and How it Works
- Instructor and Student Demo of SteathWatch
- Exercises: In this module, you will work in teams (comprising AM/SE), with each team practicing and conducting online demos of the key DNA solutions (APIC-EM, Enterprise NFV, CMX and StealthWatch) to visually ‘educate the customer’ on the benefits of using Cisco DNA for Automation, Virtualization, Analytics and Security.
- For Automation
Module 6: Summary
- Additional Resources
- Wrap up