About This Course
Understanding the real scope of any project is vital to controlling the project. As a project manager or business analyst, it is key to first document the initial scope of the project and then direct, monitor and control the scope through Requirements Management techniques. Learning these techniques provide the ability to more easily control the quality issues, costs, time and risks associated with on-going scope creep associated with requirements changes.
This course will attack the issues of requirements changes and the impending scope creep that results if left unabated.
- Understand the importance of the Requirements Management role in project success.
Improve tools and techniques for managing requirements and thus project scope.
Increase customer satisfaction by controlling scope throughout the project lifecycle.
Learn the benefits of and develop a Change Control Process.
Improve project success by better estimating of change impacts to the project.
Learn and understand the benefits of traceability on the Scope and change control processes.
Make better decisions on requirements/scope changes after project requirements are base-lined.
Understand the risk and complexity of trade-offs in the Change Control Process.
Walk away with templates for managing scope and requirements
Understand the importance of UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
This course is valuable for all those involved in managing requirements. This class is for you if you are a:
- Business customer or partner
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Team Leader
- Designer or Developer
- IT Manager/Director
- Requirements Engineer
*Delivered by ASPE, ICAgile Member Organization
Section I. Overview of the Major Tasks of Requirements Management and Communication
- BABOK® tasks of this Knowledge Area
- The Trust Factor
Section II. Input for Requirements Management and Communication
Section III. Prepare Requirements Package
Section IV. Communicate Requirements
- Reading Body Language
- Requirements Work Shop
- Structured Walk Through
Section V. Manage Solution Scope and Requirements
- Sign-off and Baseline
- Define Scope Creep – The Case for Scope Management
- Scope Changes
Section VI. Manage Requirements Traceability
- Coverage Matrix
- Requirements Management Tools Discussion
Section VII. Maintain Requirements for Reuse
Hands-on group exercises will follow each section of the class. Led by your instructor, practice the real-world skills you learn in immediate breakout sessions. In-class exercises help you identify and examine first-hand problems that you may be experiencing. Through group effort, you and your peers will discuss ways your department or company should be handling problems up front and how you can improve those early, critical changes. You will also identify and practice strategies that you and your organization can use to better manage project scope and change.
- Using a case study — gain an understanding of the existing requirements and project scope
- Learn about base-lining Project Requirements
- Using the case study work as a team to create Traceability Matrix
- Learn how to use Traceability to better estimate changes
- Review a change request and work in teams to understand impact of the request on your Project.
- Work as a team to complete a Change Request
- Determine where requirements are impacted (which requirements)
- Develop estimates for the changes
- Measure the impact of the change on the project schedule, and budget.
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|4/6/2020 - 4/8/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|6/1/2020 - 6/3/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|8/19/2020 - 8/21/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|9/1/2020 - 9/3/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|10/26/2020 - 10/28/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|12/15/2020 - 12/17/2020||12:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|