Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318VT)
About this Course
Through numerous hands-on exercises, you will deploy and configure Red Hat Virtualization and use it to provision and manage virtual machines. This course also prepares you for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Red Hat Virtualization exam.
Primary audience for this course are:
- Linux system administrators and virtualization administrators interested in deploying and managing large-scale virtualization solutions managing virtual servers in their datacenters, based on the Red Hat Virtualization open virtualization management platform.
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization
- Configuring networking and storage for use with Red Hat Virtualization
- Managing user accounts and access to the Red Hat Virtualization environment
- Installing and managing virtual machines in Red Hat Virtualization
- Using templates for rapid virtual machine deployment
- Managing virtual machine snapshots and images
- Backing up and upgrading Red Hat Virtualization
- Migrating virtual machines and exploring high availability options
Before attending this course, students should have the following:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) certification or equivalent experience
Red Hat Virtualization overview
Explain the purpose and architecture of Red Hat Virtualization.
Installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization
Install a minimal Red Hat Virtualization environment and use it to create a virtual machine.
Creating and managing datacenters and clusters
Organize hypervisors into groups using datacenters and clusters.
Managing user accounts and roles
Configure user accounts using a central directory service. Assign access to resources based on job responsibilities using roles.
Adding physical hosts
Add additional Red Hat Virtualization hosts automatically, and move and remove hosts from datacenters as needed.
Managing Red Hat Virtualization networks
Separate network traffic into multiple networks on one or more interfaces to improve the performance and security of Red Hat Virtualization.
Managing Red Hat Virtualization storage
Create and manage data and ISO storage domains.
Deploying and managing virtual machines
Operate virtual machines in the Red Hat Virtualization environment.
Migrating virtual machines
Migrate and control automatic migration of virtual machines.
Managing virtual machine images
Manage virtual machine snapshots and disk images.
Automating virtual machine deployment
Automate deployment of virtual machines by using templates and cloud-init.
Backing up and upgrading Red Hat Virtualization
Back up, restore, and upgrade Red Hat Virtualization.
Exploring high-availability practices
Explain procedures to improve resilience and reliability of Red Hat Virtualization by removing single points of failure and implementing high-availability features.
Demonstrate skills learned in this course by installing and configuring Red Hat Virtualization, using it to create and manage virtual machines, and by backing up and updating components of Red Hat Virtualization.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic