Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Who Can Benefit
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Previous Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Red Hat Satellite installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Incorporate software management into SDLC
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Configuration management with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
Configure hosts using Puppet.