Self Paced: Red Hat OpenStack Administration III: Networking and Foundations of NFV
You will learn how to manage the OpenStack networking service (Neutron) with network functions virtualization to enhance network performance. You will configure distributed virtual routers, Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit datapath, and IPv6 networking in OpenStack. You will also deploy software-defined networking with OpenDaylight.
- Network functions virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed virtual router (DVR)
- Open vSwitch with Data Plane Development Kit (OVS-DPDK) datapath
- IPv6 networking
- Single-root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV)*
- Software-defined networking (SDN) with OpenDaylight (ODL)
- VLAN, VXLAN, and GRE networks
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for network engineers, network operators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators.
- Become a Red Hat® Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Complete the Red Hat® Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack exam (EX210), or demonstrate equivalent experience
Manage networks in Linux
- Administer network interfaces, bridges, and virtual networking devices.
Manage OpenStack networking agents
- Manage the L2, L3, DHCP, and other OpenStack networking agents.
Deploy IPv6 networks
- Set up IPv6 networks in OpenStack.
Provision OpenStack networks
- Provision tenant networks and provider networks.
Implement distributed virtual routing
- Enable distributed virtual routing (DVR) to provide scaling and performance.
Tune NFV performance
- Tune OpenStack networking performance.
Implement NFV data paths
- Execute network functions virtualization (NFV) data paths.
Build software-defined networks with OpenDaylight
- Create software-defined networks with OpenDaylight (ODL).
Comprehensive review of Red Hat OpenStack Administration III
- Configure advanced networking on Red Hat® OpenStack Platform.