Microsoft Access 2019/2016 Part 3: Developing Access Applications
At Course Completion
By participating in this course you will
- Share data across applications.
- Use action, unmatched, and duplicate queries to manage data.
- Create complex reports and forms.
- Use macros to improve user interface design.
- Use VBA to extend database capabilities.
- Perform database management tasks such as backup, compacting, repairing, performance analysis, checking object dependencies, and documenting.
- Implement security strategies and distribute a database to multiple users.
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Access and need to learn advanced skills.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with Access 2019, including a working knowledge of database design and creation, form design and creation, report design and creation, and a working knowledge of database querying and the various table relationships.
Lesson 1: Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Topic A: Import and Link Data
- Topic B: Export Data
- Topic C: Create a Mail Merge
Lesson 2: Using Queries to Manage Data
- Topic A: Create Action Queries
- Topic B: Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 3: Creating Complex Reports and Forms
- Topic A: Create Subreports
- Topic B: Create a Navigation Form
- Topic C: Show Details in Subforms and Popup Forms
Lesson 4: Creating Access Macros
- Topic A: Create a Standalone Macro to Automate Repetitive Tasks
- Topic B: Create a Macro to Program a User Interface Component
- Topic C: Restrict Records by Using a Condition
- Topic D: Create a Data Macro
Lesson 5: Using VBA to Extend Database Capabilities
- Topic A: Getting Started with VBA
- Topic B: Using VBA with Form Controls
Lesson 6: Managing a Database
- Topic A: Back Up a Database
- Topic B: Manage Performance Issues
- Topic C: Document a Database
Lesson 7: Distributing and Securing a Database
- Topic A: Split a Database for Multiple-User Access
- Topic B: Implement Security
- Topic C: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic D: Package a Database with a Digital Signature