Microsoft 365 Security Administration (MS-500)
About this Course
In this course, you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources. The course covers user password protection, multi-factor authentication, how to enable Azure Identity Protection, how to set up and use Azure AD Connect, and introduces you to conditional access in Microsoft 365. You will learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment. Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions to mitigate threats. You will learn about Secure Score, Exchange Online Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection, Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, and threat management. In the course, you will learn about information protection technologies that help secure your Microsoft 365 environment. The course discusses information rights-managed content, message encryption, as well as labels, policies, and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection. Lastly, you will learn about archiving and retention in Microsoft 365 as well as data governance and how to conduct content searches and investigations. This course covers data retention policies and tags, in-place records management for SharePoint, email retention, and how to conduct content searches that support eDiscovery investigations.
- Administer user and group access in Microsoft 365.
- Explain and manage Azure Identity Protection.
- Plan and implement Azure AD Connect.
- Manage synchronized user identities.
- Explain and use conditional access.
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors.
- Explain security solutions for Microsoft 365.
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate and improve your security posture.
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365.
- Plan for and deploy secure mobile devices.
- Implement information rights management.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Deploy and manage Cloud App Security.
- Implement Windows information protection for devices.
- Plan and deploy a data archiving and retention system.
- Create and manage an eDiscovery investigation.
- Manage GDPR data subject requests.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows 10 devices.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication.
- Basic understanding of computer networks.
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices.
Day 1 - Managing Microsoft 365 Identity and Access
Module 1: User and Group Security
Module 2: Identity Synchronization
Module 3: Federated Identities
Module 4: Access Management
Day 2 - Implementing Microsoft 365 Threat Protection
Module 1: Security in Microsoft 365
Module 2: Advanced Threat Protection
Module 3: Threat Intelligence
Module 4: Mobility
Day 3 - Implementing Microsoft 365 Information Protection
Module 1: Information Protection
Module 2: Data Loss Prevention
Module 3: Cloud Application Security
Day 4 - Administering Microsoft 365 Built-in Compliance
Module 1: Archiving and Retention
Module 2: Data Governance in Microsoft 365
Module 3: Managing Search and Investigations
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|12/13/2022 - 12/16/2022||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|12/19/2022 - 12/22/2022||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|1/23/2023 - 1/26/2023||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|2/21/2023 - 2/24/2023||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|2/28/2023 - 3/3/2023||9:30 AM - 5:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|3/20/2023 - 3/23/2023||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|
|5/8/2023 - 5/11/2023||10:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|