Instructional Design Certificate
This course is offered for 3 full days or 3 hours a day, one day a week. With instructional design training you’ll learn best practices for conducting a needs assessment, completing a job/task analysis. Earning this instructional design certificate gives you easy access to tools you’ll put to great use in your training initiatives. You’ll learn to design a complete program that aligns with your business goals, including participant guides, instructor guides, visual support, and other materials. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to work on your own real-world program throughout the course.
What you will learn
- Describe and apply the ADDIE model.
- Conduct a training needs assessment that aligns performance needs with organizational results.
- Select and use data collection techniques as part of the training needs assessment process.
- Demonstrate how to structure instructional events that address psychological learning processes.
- Apply the ROPES phases of instruction to construct effective learning events.
- Write complete learning objectives based on observable actions or behaviors.
- Select learning methods and media to support the attainment of learning objectives.
- Apply guidelines to the use of visuals, text, and audio in instructional materials.
- Create participant guides, facilitator guides, and supporting materials.
- Prepare reports that document the training needs assessment, program design, and recommendations for training implementation, including pilot tests and rollout.
- Develop an evaluation strategy for training initiatives.
Who Should attend
Developed for participants new to instructional design or for those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set, this is the complete workshop for designing outcome-based training.