Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (20410)
About this Course
- Windows Server Administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and the related technologies and are looking to learn more about Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft technologies, who meet the pre-requisites and are looking to cross-train on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam
- IT professional wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
At Course Completion
- Deploy and Manage Windows Server 2012.
- Describe Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Manage AD DS objects.
- Automate AD DS Administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Implement File and Print services.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic Active Directory concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with and configuring Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
This module introduces the new Windows Server 2012 administrative interface. This module covers the different roles and features that are available with the Windows Server 2012 operating system. It also discusses the various installation and configuration options you can use when deploying and configuring Windows Server 2012.
- Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
Lab : Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Deploying Windows Server 2012
- Configuring Windows Server 2012 Server Core
- Managing Servers
- Using Windows PowerShell to Manage Servers
- Describe Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the management tools available in Windows Server 2012.
- Install Windows Server 2012.
- Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Perform basic administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell.
Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
This module introduces Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in Windows Server 2012. It covers general AD DS infrastructure including forests, trees, schema, Global Catalog, Operations Masters. It also covers installing and configuring domain controllers.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
Lab : Installing Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Installing a Domain Controller by Using IFM
- Describe the structure of Active DirectoryDomain Services (AD DS).
- Describe the purpose of domain controllers.
- Install a domain controller.
Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
This module covers configuring Active Directory Objects such as users, groups and computers. The functionality of AD DS Administrative Tools is addressed, in addition to the configuration of user profiles and the process of delegating permissions to perform AD DS administration.
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Group Accounts
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
Lab : Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Delegating Administration for a Branch Office
- Creating and Configuring User Accounts in AD DS
- Managing Computer Objects in AD DS
- Manage user accounts with graphical tools.
- Manage groups with graphical tools.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Delegate permissions to perform AD DS administration.
Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
This module covers using command-line tools to configure and administer AD DS. It introduces using Windows PowerShell cmdlets for AD DS administration, and using Windows PowerShell to perform bulk AD DS administrative operations.
- Using Command-line Tools for Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
Lab : Automating AD DS Administration by Using Windows PowerShell
- Creating User Accounts and Groups by Using Windows PowerShell
- Using Windows PowerShell to Create User Accounts in Bulk
- Using Windows PowerShell to Modify User Accounts in Bulk
- Use command-line tools for AD DS administration.
- Use Windows PowerShell cmdlets for AD DS administration.
- Perform bulk operations by using Windows PowerShell.
Module 5: Implementing IPv4
This module covers Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addressing. It details the various IPv4 components, covers subnetting and supernetting, and discusses configuring and general troubleshooting of IPv4 addresses.
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
Lab : Implementing IPv4
- Identifying Appropriate Subnets
- Troubleshooting IPv4
- Describe the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Describe IPv4 addressing.
- Determine a subnet mask necessary for supernetting or subnetting.
- Configure IPv4 and troubleshoot IPv4 communication.
Module 6: Implementing DHCP
This module covers the installation and configuration of DHCP as well as managing a DHCP database. It also covers security and monitoring of DHCP, including auditing and logging.
- Installing a DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
Lab : Implementing DHCP
- Implementing DHCP
- Implementing a DHCP Relay (Optional Exercise)
- Install the DHCP server role.
- Configure DHCP scopes.
- Manage a DHCP database.
- Secure and monitor the DHCP server role.
Module 7: Implementing DNS
This module covers name resolution for Windows Server and clients. It details the installation of a DNS server and configuring Active Directory Integrated DNS zones.
- Name Resolution for Windows Client and Servers
- Installing and Managing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
Lab : Implementing DNS
- Installing and Configuring DNS
- Creating Host Records in DNS
- Managing the DNS Server Cache
- Describe name resolution for Windowsoperating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Install and manage DNS service.
- Manage DNS zones.
Module 8: Implementing IPv6
This module covers understanding and implementing IPv6 addressing. It covers configuration and troubleshooting as well as co-existence with IPv4 using transition technologies.
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv6
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
Lab : Implementing IPv6
- Configuring an IPv6 Network
- Configuring an ISATAP Router
- Describe the features and benefits of IPv6.
- Describe IPv6 addressing.
- Describe IPv6 coexistence with IPv4.
- Describe IPv6 transition technologies.
Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
This module covers the storage configuration options for Windows Server 2012, including managing disks and volumes and implementing file systems. It also covers creating and managing storage pools.
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
Lab : Implementing Local Storage
- Installing and Configuring a New Disk
- Resizing Volumes
- Configuring a Redundant Storage Space
- Explain the various storage technologies.
- Manage disks and volumes.
- Implement Storage Spaces.
Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
This module covers securing files, folders and network file shares, in addition to using shadow copies to protect network file shares. It also covers configuring network printing and creating a printer pool.
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Network Printing
Lab : Implementing File and Print Services
- Creating and Configuring a File Share
- Configuring Shadow Copies
- Creating and Configure a Printer Pool
- Secure shared files and folders.
- Protect shared files and folders by using shadow copies.
- Configure network printing.
Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
This module covers using Group Policy to centrally manage and apply configuration settings.
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
Lab : Implementing Group Policy
- Configuring a Central Store
- Creating GPOs
- Create and manage Group Policy Objects.
- Describe Group Policy processing.
- Implement a central store for administrative templates.
Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
Increase security in a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure by using Group Policy Objects, AppLocker, and Windows Firewall.
- Windows Security Overview
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Lab : Lab A: Increasing Security for Server Resources
- Using Group Policy to Secure Member Servers
- Auditing File System Access
- Auditing Domain Logons
Lab : Lab B: Configuring AppLocker and Windows Firewall
- Configuring AppLocker Policies
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Describe Windows Security.
- Configure security settings by using Group Policy.
- Restrict unauthorized software from running on servers and clients.
- Configure Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
This module describes Microsoft Virtualization technologies. It covers installing and configuring Hyper-V virtual machines, configuring virtual storage, and configuring virtual networks.
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Installing the Hyper-V Server Role
- Configuring Virtual Networking
- Creating and Configuring a Virtual Machine
- Using Virtual Machine Snapshots
- Understand and describe Microsoft's virtualization technologies.
- Implement Hyper-V.
- Manage virtual machine storage.
- Manage virtual networks.
Now you can build Microsoft technical experience while balancing the demands of your schedule. MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as you schedule allows – all at once or five minutes at a time. The modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning needs and learning style.
Brought to you by the people who write the software, Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are only available through certified Microsoft Learning Partners like Tandem Solution.
Our On-Demand Solution Includes all of the following:
- 90-day access to training videos
- 90-day access to hands-on labs
- 90-day access to exercises
- Knowledge Checks
The benefits of our On-Demand solution are:
- MICROSOFT OFFICIAL: The content is based on the same official courseware used in instructor-led training and maps to the MOC flow
- LIVE HANDS-ON LABS: Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on learning
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: With MOC On-Demand, you can build deep technical skills on a range of Microsoft technologies when you choose, where you choose
- HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT: The high-quality videos offer in-depth technical content delivered by engaging instructors
- IMMEDIATE FFEDBACK: Knowledge checks at the end of each module and each course tells you whether you’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on
- Lifetime eBook available at an additional cost
- 180 day access available at an additional cost
*SATV Vouchers are accepted
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|3/4/2019 - 3/8/2019||9:30 AM - 5:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|