About this Course
This highly practical course is designed to show you how to implement service improvements based on the ITIL® philosophy of “adopt and adapt.” In this holistic course, you will cover nine guiding principles of service improvement, the service improvement approach, communication, metrics and measurement, and organizational change management (OCM). The course fully prepares you for the ITIL Practitioner exam, which you may take at a later date. An exam voucher for the web-based exam is included in the cost of the course.
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- use service management concepts
- Guiding principles
- Service improvement approach
- Organizational change management
- Metrics and measurements
- Tips for passing the ITIL Practitioner exam
- Practice with a sample ITIL Practitioner exam
Primary audience for this course are:
- Those engaged in IT development, IT operations, and IT service management
- Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of service improvement
Before attending this course, students should have the following experience or knowledge:
ITIL foundation v3 equivalent, v3 or 2011 is a mandatory requirement.
1. Service Management Concepts
- Adopt and adapt
- VOCR: value, outcomes, costs, and risks
2. Guiding Principles
- Focus on value
- Design for experience
- Start where you are
- Work holistically
- Progress iteratively
- Observe directly
- Be transparent
- Keep it simple
3. Service Improvement Approach
- What is the vision?
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we get there?
- How do we know we’ve arrived?
- How do we keep the momentum going?
4. Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- What is OCM?
- Sources of resistance
- People transition
- Stakeholder management
- Sponsor management
- Resistance management
5. Metrics and Measurements
- CSFs and KPIs
- Metric cascades and hierarchies
- Metric categories
- Issues caused by poor communication
- Benefits of good communication
- Communication essentials
- Communication principles
- Communication types
7. Tips for Success on the ITIL Practitioner Exam
8. Sample Exam
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|12/10/2018 - 12/12/2018||11:30 AM - 7:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|