IT Project Management
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Articulate the relevance of core project management competences.
- Identify key project goals and assumptions and set the stage for value delivery.
- Understand how to identify stakeholders and assess how to engage with them during the project.
- Meet stakeholder informational needs by creating an actionable communication plan.
- Articulate product scope as part of the charter.
- Become familiar with the process of eliciting and capturing requirements.
- Create the WBS and dictionary that would deliver the scope in the project charter.
- Perform a more detailed and systematic assessment of risk.
- Articulate guiding quality characteristics for the project.
- Sequence activities, create schedule, and estimate the cost of the project.
- Prepare to oversee go-live.
- Manage change in projects.
- Track value delivery in projects.
- Understand the basics of a project retrospective.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project team members, associate project managers, project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, and program managers.
You should not take this course if you have taken Project Management Fundamentals. The subjects covered are the same.
- Match competence to scenario
- Evaluate a project business case
- Identify and assess stakeholders
- Resource management
- Develop a communication plan
- Define product scope
- Project charter
- Product and project scope
- Decompose product scope into stakeholder requirements
- Create WBS and dictionary
- Work breakdown structure
- Create risk register
- Risk identification and management
- Establish quality metrics
- Create an initial schedule and budget
- Effort and duration
- Estimating effort
- Level of accuracy in estimates
- Team-based estimation
- Estimating cost
- Review and disposition a change request
- Change management
- Plan a project rollout
- Release management
- Use metrics to reassess the business case
- Delivering business value
- Close out a project
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|12/12/2022 - 12/14/2022||8:30 AM - 4:30 PM||Virtual||Enroll|