Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services: Part 3 (20412)
About this Course
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412, Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
At Course Completion
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
This module describes how to configure advanced features in the Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) with Windows Server 2012, and it covers IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
Lab : Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Settings
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Configuring IPAM
- Configure advanced DNS services.
- Configure advanced DHCP services.
- Implement IPAM.
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
This module describes how to configure and manage iSCSI and BranchCache, and how to implement Windows 2012 features that optimize storage utilization, such as File Server Resource Manager, file classification, and data duplication.
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
Lab : Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring the File Classification Infrastructure
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
- Configuring the Main Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring the Branch Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring Client Computers for BranchCache
- Monitoring BranchCache
- Configure iSCSI storage.
- Configure BranchCache.
- Optimize storage usage.
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
This module describes how to plan and implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Planning for Dynamic Access Control
- Deploying Dynamic Access Control
Lab : Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Planning the Dynamic Access Control Implementation
- Configuring User and Device Claims
- Configuring Resource Property Definitions
- Configuring Central Access Rules and Central Access Policies
- Validating and Remediating Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing New Resource Policies
- Plan for Dynamic Access Control.
- Deploy Dynamic Access Control.
Module 4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments
This module describes the components of a highly complex AD DS deployment, which includes implementing a distributed AD DS deployment and configuring AD DS forest trusts.
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Implementing Complex AD DS Deployments
- Implementing Child Domains in AD DS
- Implementing Forest Trusts
- Describe and understand distributed AD DS deployments.
- Implement a distributed AD DS deployment.
- Configure AD DS trusts.
Module 5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
This module describes how replication works in a Windows Server 2012 AD DS environment, including how to configure AD DS sites so that you can optimize AD DS network traffic and how to configure and monitor AD DS replication.
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Modifying the Default Site
- Creating Additional Sites and Subnets
- Configuring AD DS Replication
- Describe AD DS replication.
- Configure AD DS sites.
- Configure and monitor AD DS replication.
Module 6: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
This module describes the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and concepts. It covers implementing a certification authority infrastructure, planning and implementing a certificate template deployment using an AD CS certification authority, and planning and implementing certificate distribution and revocation.
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Configuring Certificate Revocation
- Configuring Key Recovery
- Describe the PKI.
- Deploy certification authorities.
- Deploy and configure the CA hierarchy.
- Deploy and manage certificate templates.
- Implement certificate distribution and revocation.
- Manage certificate recovery.
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
This module describes the AD RMS features and functionality. It explains how to use AD RMS to configure content protection, and deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Lab : Implementing AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS Templates
- Implementing the AD RMS Trust Policies
- Verifying the AD RMS Deployment
- Describe AD RMS.
- Deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure.
- Configure AD RMS content protection.
- Configure external access to AD RMS.
Module 8: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
This module provides identity federation business scenarios, and it describes how to use AD FS to address such scenarios. It explains how to configure AD FS prerequisites, deploy AD FS services, enable single sign-on (SSO) for an organization, and enable SSO between federated business partners.
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a B2B Federation Scenario
Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Configuring AD FS Prerequisites
- Installing and Configuring AD FS
- Configuring AD FS for a Single Organization
- Configuring AD FS for Federated Business Partners
- Describe AD FS.
- Deploy AD FS.
- Implement AD FS for a single organization.
- Deploy AD FS in a business-to-business federation scenario.
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
This module describes how to plan and implement NLB. It will cover managing and configuring an NLB cluster and validating high availability for an NLB cluster.
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
Lab : Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Implementing a Network Load Balancing Cluster
- Configuring and Managing the NLB Cluster
- Validating High Availability for the NLB Cluster
- Configure an NLB cluster.
- Plan an NLB implementation.
Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
This module describes the failover clustering features in Windows Server 2012. It explains how to implement a failover cluster, configure highly available applications and services on a failover cluster, maintain a failover cluster, and use new maintenance features such as Cluster Aware Updating (CAU). It will also cover how to implement multi-site failover clustering.
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
- Configuring a Failover Cluster
- Deploying and Configuring a Highly Available File Server
- Validating the Deployment of the Highly Available File Server
- Configuring Cluster-Aware Updating on the Failover Cluster
- Implement a failover cluster.
- Configure highly available applications and services on a failover cluster.
- Maintain a failover cluster.
- Implement a multi-site failover cluster.
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
This module describes the options for making virtual machines highly available. It explains
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Replicas
- Configuring a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Describe Hyper-V integration with failover clustering.
- Implement Hyper-V virtual machines on failover clusters.
- Implement Hyper-V virtual machine movement.
- Manage Hyper-V virtual environments by using VMM.
Module 12: Implementing Disaster RecoveryThis module describes considerations for implementing a disaster recovery solution, and how to plan and implement a backup solution for Windows Server 2012. In addition, it explains how to plan and implement server and data recovery using Windows Server backup and Microsoft Online backup.
- Overview of Disaster Recovery
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
- Backing Up Data on a Windows Server 2012 Server
- Restoring Files Using Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Microsoft Online Backup and Restore
- Describe disaster recovery.
- Implement Windows Server backup using Windows Server backup and Microsoft Online backup.
- Implement server and data recovery.
Now you can build Microsoft technical experience while balancing the demands of your schedule. MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as you schedule allows – all at once or five minutes at a time. The modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning needs and learning style.
Brought to you by the people who write the software, Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are only available through certified Microsoft Learning Partners like Tandem Solution.
Our On-Demand Solution Includes all of the following:
- 90-day access to training videos
- 90-day access to hands-on labs
- 90-day access to exercises
- Knowledge Checks
The benefits of our On-Demand solution are:
- MICROSOFT OFFICIAL: The content is based on the same official courseware used in instructor-led training and maps to the MOC flow
- LIVE HANDS-ON LABS: Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on learning
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: With MOC On-Demand, you can build deep technical skills on a range of Microsoft technologies when you choose, where you choose
- HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT: The high-quality videos offer in-depth technical content delivered by engaging instructors
- IMMEDIATE FFEDBACK: Knowledge checks at the end of each module and each course tells you whether you’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on
- Lifetime eBook available at an additional cost
- 180 day access available at an additional cost
*SATV Vouchers are accepted