Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE)
About this Course
There are many process frameworks that define best practices for achieving quality service management including ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, MOF, CobiT, CMMI, etc. While each describes a set of integrated processes and controls, none provide step-by-step methods and techniques for actually designing, re-engineering and/or improving those processes.
The 5-day Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE)® certification course teaches how to (re)engineer quality, lasting processes. Class converts the theoretical into the practical by coupling prescriptive advice with hands-on opportunities to analyze, design, measure and integrate processes. The knowledge obtained in this course applies to every Service Management framework, standard and maturity model.
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, re-engineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders
At Course Completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understanding process frameworks, standards and maturity models
- Learning about process elements, models, usage and deliverables
- Gathering and analyzing process requirements
- Understanding the difference between developing, re-engineering and improving processes
- Studying the importance of roles, responsibilities and functions in process design
- Developing a process definition document
- Learning flowcharting techniques
- Using automation within processes
- Troubleshooting and improving processes
- Developing meaningful metrics and converting data into usable information
- Understanding the concepts of organizational change management
At the end of this course, learners are able - as CPDE's - to lead an effective and measurable process improvement program within their organization.
Before attending this course, students should read "The ITSM Process Design Guide" ISBN 978-1-60427-049-5 by Donna Knapp (included in class material).
Foundation Certification in IT Service Management, including one(1) of the following is recommended:
- ITIL Foundation
- ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation
- MOF Foundation
- CobiT Foundation
Learners will be equipped to earn their Certified Process Design Engineer (CPDE)® accreditation on the final day of class by achieving a passing score on a multiple choice, scenario based examination. The exam is accredited and administered by Loyalist Certification Services (LCS).
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units (PDUs)
Project Management Professionals earn 38 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
- Foundational knowledge regarding IT Service Management Process Design, including the;
- Changing role of IT
- Importance of IT service management processes
- ISO/IEC 20000 international standard for ITSM
- Value chain and its effect on your processes
- Role of process maturity models
- Defining and Analyzing Customer Requirements
- Quality Management Principles
- Defining and Documenting Processes
- Assessing Process Maturity
- The Ten Process Design and Improvement Steps
- Process Design and Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Producing Meaningful Metrics
- Managing Organizational Change
- Evaluating and Selecting IT Service Management Technologies
At the end of this course, learners are able - as CPDE's - to lead an effective and measurable ITSM process improvement program within their organization.
- Five (5) days Instructor Led Education
- Detailed Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference manual)
- The ITSM Process Design Guide (ISBN: 978-1-60427-049-5)
- Sample Templates
- Exam Preparation - including sample exam and exam taking techniques
- In-class Examination (final afternoon) - LCS Exam
|Course Dates||Course Times (EST)||Delivery Mode||GTR|
|10/13/2020 - 10/16/2020||12:00 PM - 6:00 PM||Virtual||Enroll|