After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior by using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
Who should attend
Before attending this course, students must have:
- 6 to 12 months experience programming in HTML5.
- 3 to 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience in using preview builds).
- Minimum one month of experience working on Windows Store apps.
This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment.
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials – Under the Hood
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- Implementing Animations
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource File
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Implementing Branding and a Seamless UI for Windows Store Apps
- Introduction to Branding
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding the UI of Your App
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Storage Options for a Windows Store App
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Working with Custom Controls
- Creating and Using WinRT Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- Implementing the Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Integrating Contacts and Calendars
- Integrating speech synthesis
- Support PDF files and screenshots
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service
- Introduction to the Push Notification Service
- Communicating with the WNS
Module 9: Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Video and Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Using Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with Your App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implementing In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in a Windows Store App
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Tracing and Profiling a Windows Store App
- Creating Animations in a Windows Store App
- Creating Transitions and Transformations in a Windows StoreApp
- Create and Consume the Resource Files
- Apply Culture-Specific Formatting
- Creating a Customized Splash Screen
- Branding a Windows Store App
- Caching Data
- Create and Use a Custom Control
- Use a WinRT Component
- Printing Content
- Integrating the Printing Functionality
- Adding PDF Support
- Manage a Windows Notification Service Channel
- Capturing Video by Using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capturing an Image by Using the MediaCapture API
- Transfer Files in the Background
- Create and Consume a Background Task
- Using the SimpleOrientationSensor
- Using Location Services
- Using the Windows.ApplicationModel.Store Namespace toSupport Trial App Conversion
- Implementing In-App Purchasing
- Using ACS Authentication
- Encrypting User Information
- Profile Performance
- Profile Memory Usage
Now you can build Microsoft technical experience while balancing the demands of your schedule. MOC On-Demand combines high-quality video, reading, live hands-on labs and knowledge checks in a self-paced format to help you build skills on Microsoft technologies as you schedule allows – all at once or five minutes at a time. The modular, self-directed course structure adapts to your learning needs and learning style.
Brought to you by the people who write the software, Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand are only available through certified Microsoft Learning Partners like Tandem Solution.
Our On-Demand Solution Includes all of the following:
- 90-day access to training videos
- 90-day access to hands-on labs
- 90-day access to exercises
- Knowledge Checks
The benefits of our On-Demand solution are:
- MICROSOFT OFFICIAL: The content is based on the same official courseware used in instructor-led training and maps to the MOC flow
- LIVE HANDS-ON LABS: Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on learning
- SELF-PACED LEARNING: With MOC On-Demand, you can build deep technical skills on a range of Microsoft technologies when you choose, where you choose
- HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT: The high-quality videos offer in-depth technical content delivered by engaging instructors
- IMMEDIATE FFEDBACK: Knowledge checks at the end of each module and each course tells you whether you’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on
- Lifetime eBook available at an additional cost
- 180 day access available at an additional cost
*SATV Vouchers are accepted