Administering System Center Configuration Manager (MECM)
The course is based on the Microsoft 20703-B retired MOC. It follows the Microsoft™ Modern Security path, placing Microsoft™ Endpoint Manager as the authoritative suite of tools and services for Hybrid-Cloud integration. Although this course explores Hybrid integration with cloud technologies, it focuses on the On-Premises and Disconnected scenarios. This course offers organizations to continue using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (previously known as SCCM) as the authoritative system without integrating to Windows Intune. The course will focus on the Deployment of MECM, Configuration, and Management as the 20703-B predecessor.
This course is for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses, or intends to use, the latest path in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications. This course is limited to On-Premises or Disconnected scenarios.
Before taking this course, students should have the following skills and experience:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of public key infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Analyzing data using queries and reports
- Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Deploying and managing clients
- Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Deploying and managing applications
- Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Managing compliance and secure data access
- Managing operating system deployment
- Managing and maintaining a Configuration ::Manager site