About this Course
Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN) v6.0 is a 5-day training program that introduces the three primary technologies that are used in the Cisco data center. Through hands-on labs, you will focus on viewing configurations, but not making configuration changes or creating new topologies. This course is targeted for individuals that will perform only basic configuration tasks.
- Network engineers
- Cisco integrators/partners
- System engineers
- Network designers
- Network managers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architects
There are no prerequisites for this course.
At Course Completion
- How a network works
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot a switch with VLANs and interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot routing operations on Cisco Nexus switches
Module 1: Building a Simple Network
- Functions of Networking.
- Host-to-Host Communications Model.
- Ethernet Connections.
- Ethernet Communications Standards.
- OSI Network Layer Addressing.
- TCP/IP Transport Layer.
- Packet Delivery Process
Module 2: Switched Network Implementation
- Packet Delivery Process.
- Cisco NX-OS Software.
- Operating Cisco NX-OS Software.
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks.
- Building a Redundant Switched Topology
Module 3: IP Addressing
- IP Addressing Scheme.
- Transitioning to IPv6.
Module 4: Routing on the Cisco Nexus Switch
- Packet Delivery Process.
- Routing Process on Cisco Nexus Switches.
- Routing Protocols on Cisco Nexus Switches
- Access Control Lists on Cisco Nexus Switches
Lab 1-1: Use Windows Applications as Network Tools
Lab 1-2: Observe the TCP Three-Way Handshake
Lab 1-3: Observe Extended PC Network Information
Lab 2-1: Connect to Cisco Nexus Switches
Lab 2-2: Configure the Cisco Nexus Switches
Lab 2-3: Configure VLANs and Trunks
Lab 2-4: Verify and Configure Spanning Tree
Lab 2-5: Configure EtherChannel
Lab 3-1: Convert Decimal to Binary and Binary to Decimal
Lab 3-2: Classify Network Addressing
Lab 3-3: Compute Usable Subnetworks and Hosts
Lab 3-4: Calculate Subnet Masks
Lab 4-1: Configure Multilayer Switching
About this Modality:
With engaging content, Hollywood style HD content delivery, and exceptional instructors, our blended learning solution for Cisco is designed to drastically improve traditional boring online and video-based training.
Attend scheduled Live Instructor-led classes (online) for 2 hours per day, over the course of 2 weeks (Mon. - Thur.). Then you have 1 full year to access a studio-quality recording of the class (as often as you want) and perform the hands-on / mentored labs whenever you want (over the course of 1 year).
Our Blended Learning Solution includes all of the following for this Cisco Class:
- All Live scheduled courses and all corresponding 24/7 instant replay access for 1 year
- View instant replay on your tablet or smartphone
- Taught with the structure of real world application and solutions
- 1 year Live labs at your fingertips
- 24/7/365 Elite Mentoring
- Boson practice exams – practice for certification
- Progress reports
*Cisco Learning Credits are accepted