Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288VT)
About this Course
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
Primary audience for this course are:
- Software developers interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
- Software architects interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
At Course Completion
Upon course cpmpletion, students will be able to:
- Deploy applications from container images, Dockerfiles, and source code to an OpenShift cluster.
- Manage applications using the OpenShift web console and the OpenShift CLI
- Inject configuration data and secrets into an application.
- Publish application container images to an external registry.
- Manage application builds and build hooks.
- Create application from templates.
- Manage application deployments.
- Monitor application health using probes.
- Migrate applications to containers and microservices.
Before attending this course, students should have the following experience:
- Have completed the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
Deploy an application to an OpenShift Cluster.
Design containerized applications for OpenShift
Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
Publish enterprise container images
Create an enterprise registry and allow access to the OpenShift registry.
Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
Customize Source-to-Image builds
Customize an existing S2I base image.
Create applications from OpenShift templates
Describe the elements of an OpenShift template and create a multi-container template.
Manage application deployments
Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
Migrate applications to OpenShift
Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.