Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals
This course teaches participants the following skills:
- Identify GCP counterparts for Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, IGW, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, AWS IAM, and more.
- Configure accounts, billing, projects, networks, subnets, firewalls, VMs, disks, auto scaling, load balancing, storage, databases, IAM, and more.
- Manage and monitor applications.
- Explain feature and pricing model differences.
- Locate documentation and training.
Who Can Benefit
This class is intended for the following:
- AWS Solution Architects just getting started with Google Cloud Platform.
- AWS SysOps Administrators used to building IaaS solutions.
- Architects and Engineers operating in multi-cloud environments.
To get the most of out of this course, participants should have:
- Basic proficiency with networking technologies like subnets and routing.
- Experience with Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 instances, and disks.
- Familiarity with Amazon S3 and AWS database technologies.
Module 1: Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud infrastructure.
- AWS regions, availability zones, and CloudFront.
- GCP regions, zones, edge caching, and Cloud CDN.
- GCP services.
Module 2: Setting up Accounts and Billing
- AWS accounts, billing, and IAM roles.
- GCP accounts, billing accounts, projects, and admin setup.
- Account, billing, project, and admin setup.
- Lab: Set up projects and billing accounts with a free-trial GCP account.
Module 3: Networking
- Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, and security groups.
- GCP networks, subnets, routes, and firewall rules.
- VMs in networks.
- Lab: Add VMs, explore the default network, and test connectivity.
Module 4: Working with VM Instances
- Amazon EC2 instance types, AMIs, Amazon EBS, ephemeral drives, spot instances.
- Google Compute Engine machine types, instances, persistent disks, local SSDs, preemptible VMs.
- VM and web app deployment.
- Lab: Deploy VMs with an app by console and command line.
Module 5: Scaling and Load Balancing Apps
- Amazon EC2 launch configurations, auto-scaling groups, load balancing.
- Google Compute Engine instance templates, managed instance groups, load balancing.
- Autoscaling and load balancing setup.
- Lab: Scale and load balance instances, and test under load.
Module 6: Isolating Instances and Apps
- A 3-tier web app in GCP.
- A custom network with custom subnets and firewall rules.
- Lab: Build a 3-tier web app with public front-end and private backend.
Module 7: Using Storage as a Service and Database as a Service
- Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena.
- Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Google Cloud Datastore, Google Cloud Bigtable, Google BigQuery.
- Lab: Use gsutil command-line tool to perform operations on buckets and objects in Cloud Storage.
- Lab: Load and analyze data in BigQuery.
Module 8: Deployment and Monitoring
- AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch.
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Google StackDriver.
- Lab: Deploy your infrastructure using Deployment Manager.