Certified Agile Marketer
You will learn to:
- Deliver more responsive, customer-centric marketing campaigns.
- Make data-driven decisions by getting customer feedback early and often.
- Use an agile mindset to create a culture of innovation through small experiments and quick learning.
- Achieve outcomes through marketing backlogs and user stories.
- Deliver marketing value by establishing cross-functional teams.
- Establish a culture of experimentation and validated learning
- All learning outcomes as required for certification by IC Agile
- Marketing Managers, Directors, VPs or CMOs
- Marketing Specialists or Coordinators
- Marketing Analysts or Database Managers
- Account Specialists
- Field/Event Marketing Professionals
- Media Buyers and Supervisors
- Digital Marketers
- Web or Print Content Editors or Managers
- SEO Specialists and Marketers
- Graphic Designers, Art or Creative Designers or Directors
- Public Relations Professionals
- Communications Specialists and Managers
- Anybody on a marketing team
- Anyone outside of marketing who works closely with the marketing team
Attendees should have a basic knowledge of marketing practices before taking the course.
Part 1: The Need for Agile Marketing
Learn the basics around Agile Marketing and why it’s more than a fad.
- Discover how new brand categories are disrupting marketing as we know it.
- Explore six key challenges marketers are facing with traditional marketing.
- Learn how Agile Marketing can help you overcome these challenges.
Part 2: Defining Agile Marketing
Uncover what Agile Marketing really means (and we’ll expel some of the common myths).
- Discover the differences between Agile Marketing and common frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean.
- Take a deep dive into the Agile Marketing Manifesto’s Values & Principles and discover where you’re aligned and areas that will require culture change at your company.
- Learn what Agile marketers do differently than traditional marketers.
Part 3: Customer-Centric Marketing
In this section, you’ll learn how to center campaigns around your customer (instead of your company).
- Learn how to create campaigns that don’t lose sight of your customers.
- Explore social media and how personalization and quick response is imperative.
- Practice writing minimally viable personas to understand customers’ needs quickly.
Part 4: Marketing Planning that’s Flexible
Discover flexible planning options that allow you to ditch your five-year marketing plan!
- Learn how to focus your marketing on outcome vs. output.
- Practice mapping out your work to discover your minimally viable campaign.
- Learn to organize work in a single, prioritized marketing backlog.
Part 5: Teams & Teamwork
Learn the importance of collaboration and teamwork with Agile Marketing.
- Understand how teams of generalists rather than specialists deliver marketing value sooner.
- Discover why dedicated team players are key to the teams’ success.
- Learn how working at a sustainable pace determined by the team improves outcomes.
Part 6: Kanban Practices for Agile Marketers
During this Kanban simulation, you’ll discover if this flow-based approached is right for your team.
- Learn the basics of Kanban and its key principles.
- Discover how to limit work in progress so work doesn’t get ‘stuck’.
- See how visualizing work helps the team.
- Determine how your team can discover its ideal flow to maximize done work.
Part 7: Using the Scrum Framework in Agile Marketing
You’ll learn how Scrum has worked for software teams and how it can be applied in marketing.
- Learn the basics of the Scrum framework.
- Understand the three roles in Scrum and how marketers are changing it up.
- Simulate the Scrum framework with an interactive game.
Part 8: Getting Started with Agile Marketing
Leave having an action plan for getting started with Agile Marketing at your company.
- Choosing a method or methods that best fits your team and culture.
- Explore how Agile Marketing teams have been formed by other companies.
- Learn best practices for piloting and Agile Marketing team.